BEST STUDIO MONITORS FOR AROUND 150$
Jun 23, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #2 of 15
Sennheiser HD280 Pro. Used in professional broadcast applications. I have personally heard them, and compared them to a Pioneer HDJ 2000, Aiaiai TMA-1, Senn. HD380, Sony Z1000, and Koss DJ100. They seemed to be more neutral, the HD380 may be a little more, but seemed to lack a bit of bass. (I tent towards bass a hair over flat.)

Their isolation is superb, and the best I have heard on a noise isolating headphone. Comfort was also good, even on my large head, and the sound was pleasing for music listening, while not overly coloured.

I only listened and compared for about 10 minutes, but they are on display at some B-Buys, in a new DJ/sound production section.

Jun 24, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #3 of 15
I am going to assume you mean speaker when you say monitor...
In this price range, the classification given to speakers is little more than a title, as the difference in frequency response between a computer speaker and a "studio monitor" will have very little to do with whether its a computer speaker or "studio monitor." What is your intended use for these? Mixing, or just listening to music?

Jun 24, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #5 of 15
OK, so what you are really looking for is powered speakers for around $150 (refer to above post to as to why studio vs speakers doesn't matter). You have a number of options:
Harmon Kardon Soundsticks = $160
Swan M10 = $120
Audioengine A2 = $200

The above are probably your best bet.
Avoid M-Audio. Although there speaker carry the studio monitor tag, they aren't particularly well made.

Jun 24, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #6 of 15
KRK Rokit RP5 G2, hard to do better than that @ $150. About 50% of new hardstyle producers on a budget use those. I'm just interested in hardstyle scene in particular and following that one a bit more deeply but at least there they are by far the most popular, probably especially due to their excellent bass response capability/accuracy.

http://www.amazon.com/KRK-RP5G2-Powered-Monitor-Speaker/dp/B001A6G6CY

Jun 24, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:
KRK Rokit RP5 G2, hard to do better than that @ $150. About 50% of new hardstyle producers on a budget use those. I'm just interested in hardstyle scene in particular and following that one a bit more deeply but at least there they are by far the most popular, probably especially due to their excellent bass response capability/accuracy.

http://www.amazon.com/KRK-RP5G2-Powered-Monitor-Speaker/dp/B001A6G6CY

That is only for a single speaker. It's $300 for a stereo pair

Jun 24, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:
OK, so what you are really looking for is powered speakers for around $150 (refer to above post to as to why studio vs speakers doesn't matter). You have a number of options:
Harmon Kardon Soundsticks = $160
Swan M10 = $120
Audioengine A2 = $200

The above are probably your best bet.
Avoid M-Audio. Although there speaker carry the studio monitor tag, they aren't particularly well made.

of the three, which of those have the best perfomance overall?

thanks

Jun 24, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:
That is only for a single speaker. It's $300 for a stereo pair

Yea sorry I interpreted it as OP was ready to pay $150 for one speaker, I know they are $150 for a single one, at least they are amped.

Jun 24, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:
The options are all generally quite well regarded. Can you post a picture of your desk so I can see how they would fit?

no sorry .

the desk will be at my home.And i´m working farway from there and only for the next monthe i will return.

but they will place at the side of the lcd monitor ...

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #14 of 15
Well the Swans or Harmon Kardons will probably give you the best bass response, although you won't get anything too impressive out of speakers this size. The Swans also have a dedicated tweeter, unlike the 4 fullrange drivers in the Soundsticks. In reality, the difference is minimal, so pick the one you think looks best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back