Best Soundstage under $500
Oct 6, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #17 of 23

Quote:
hmmm...  pretty strong support so far for AKG.  I know they are somewhat controversial...  Think I'll have to read some more threads.

Heh. I'm with Uncle Erik's quote in my sig on this one.

Oct 6, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #18 of 23
i dont have much experience with high end HPs ....but from what i have auditioned ...HD650 and AKG k702 ( i have the AKG) ...AKGs sure have very wide sound stage compared to HD650 ...instrument separation is also better ....650 have different signature ( a lot warmer than akgs ....which i find neutral...yes ) Bus for your query ....soundstage...AKG wins hands down....they do need a good amp/dac though( but that's covered ...right ?)

Oct 8, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #20 of 23

Heh. I'm with Uncle Erik's quote in my sig on this one.

Ya like I said they (AKG k70x) get bashed a lot here with little argument as to why..actually much more than any other headphone which is odd... It was a hard decision (I bought them blindly) after reading about them in these forums but I'm pleased as punch with them, and as the hours add up they just seem to get better and better.

Also read what people say about them with classical music specifically, as they really do classical very well. Classical is not my favorite genre but I have some, as well as orchestrated film scores and I can safely say it sounds quite good and spacious. If soundstage is what you're going for, you would be shooting yourself in the foot by at least not auditioning them.

Oct 9, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #22 of 23
I bought the K701 just for the soundstage. Love the way they sound too but they are not comfortable on my head. I wish they fit like my HD650.

Oct 9, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #23 of 23
I'm going to follow this thread because I like a lot of soundstage too (at least my understanding of it
redface.gif
).  I just got a pair of Ultrasone Pro900 and I'm just wondering where on a scale of 1 to 10 it ranks and compared to other closed headphones.  Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back