Best Soundstage in an UNIVERSAL IEM?...
Dec 12, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #63 of 281
Hey skerry..you can have impressions made in Romania, expecially in Bucharest. It is even a company there..Ultimate sound. You can ask them where to get impressions. Their prices are big IMO and I can't tell you how they sound. But at least you can get impressions done in your city. 

I'm in a situation simmilar to yours..I am searching for iem, especially ciem with big soundstage. Have you checked the Cosmic Ears? They are from Europe too.

Dec 13, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #64 of 281
  Hey skerry..you can have impressions made in Romania, expecially in Bucharest. It is even a company there..Ultimate sound. You can ask them where to get impressions. Their prices are big IMO and I can't tell you how they sound. But at least you can get impressions done in your city. 

I'm in a situation simmilar to yours..I am searching for iem, especially ciem with big soundstage. Have you checked the Cosmic Ears? They are from Europe too.

if these guys could do nice customs, i could better buy something that i would love, like akg k3003 and reshell them to customs, as it seems that these guys can do that.

i will ask them! nice for you to tell me about them!~

Dec 13, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #65 of 281
Yeah.. you should write them an e-mail. 

You should check the list on ciem companies from europe ( www.inearmatters.net ). It's on the right side. And there are some ciem companies who have offices here (I'm not shure if you pay taxes or they will take care of that..you should ask them too.).

Dec 13, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #66 of 281
How about the 1964 A12? Best soundstage in an IEM, according to joker, who has heard plenty.

http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-review-1964ears-1964-adel-a12/

Dec 13, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #67 of 281
 Yeah...but not from Europe..   And if it's 2000$ the price..you add the transportation and after that 3% import taxes and 24% VAT. It's almost more efficient to go there and pick them up locally. And you see a nice country. :p Not exactly, but it's a huge difference between USA and UE. Here everything it's more expensive. I think It's better to buy from a company located in ue and you could buy a more expensive model/ save money than to buy from outside UE. 
Again,this is only my opinion.

Dec 13, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #68 of 281
 Yeah...but not from Europe..   And if it's 2000$ the price..you add the transportation and after that 3% import taxes and 24% VAT. It's almost more efficient to go there and pick them up locally. And you see a nice country. :p Not exactly, but it's a huge difference between USA and UE. Here everything it's more expensive. I think It's better to buy from a company located in ue and you could buy a more expensive model/ save money than to buy from outside UE. 
Again,this is only my opinion.

Ah, didn't know that. Kickstarter calculates shipping, and mine was <$30 usd to Asia.

That being said, at 40% off now that's a pretty sweet deal.

Dec 14, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #69 of 281
  Yeah.. you should write them an e-mail. 

You should check the list on ciem companies from europe ( www.inearmatters.net ). It's on the right side. And there are some ciem companies who have offices here (I'm not shure if you pay taxes or they will take care of that..you should ask them too.).

i tried to look over them, but i could not fiind who has someone in romania..

well, i might get customs from the ones in romania, just because they are not that expensive, and i never had customs. for a 2 way to costs similar to a new pair of ie80 is ok to try...

i am still searching for the best soundstage...

1694 a12, is not only expensive, i am not that ok with making customs in another country, maybe this will change with time, but as far as customs go, JH seemed the top.

ie800 is off my list... it seems to not be so much keen on soundstage, like shure iems are not all about soundstage... sony ex1000 is not avalaible anymore in any place...

i remain to choose between ultrasone iq and akg k3003. about the customs in romania, i will take a walk there and try to see what it is all about...

if someone can recommend some universals that would be better than akg k3003, or ultrasone iq, or recommend between these two, i am greatefull!

Dec 14, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #70 of 281
From the IEMs I own, my favorites (considering soundstage) are:

Sennheiser IE80: Threedimensional and large, intstrument presentation tends to display instruments and voices too wide sometimes. Good depht and layering even though it seems also audibly washed out most of the times. Good for acoustic and live stuff, as well as most other rather slow tracks.

Etymotic ER-4S: Threedimensional but not that large, reproduces depht with awesome layering when needed. Very authentic presentation. Almmost on par with the UERM in cases of imaging.

InEar StageDiver 2: Authentic and threedimensional, good instrument presentation, good layering. Soundstage seems to collapse with fast recordings on the other hand. Jazz and rather slow pop recordings suit the SD2 best.

UE Reference Monitors: Threedimensional but rather medium sized, brutally reproduces every possible layer in every possible dimension when it is on the recording. Great presentation and separation between the audience and musicians on stage on live recordings (if the recording allows it).

Dec 14, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #71 of 281
Soundstage as far as providing an illusion of distance and space, I thought W3 was the best ever in a universal.  I think there was something magical about the tuning of the drivers and timing and some sort of reverb effect that made it feel like you were wearing headphones.

Introduced almost 7 years ago, just an amazing introduction of a 3-way with a 3-way crossover.  It was nothing about being accurate but more about a big vast bold bassy sound that also had great detail..  The first ever universal IEM to do that.

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #72 of 281
Hi All,

I am shopping for a universal IEM in the $500.00 range that may not exist......I listen to a wide variety of music, rock, folk, country, classical, jazz, opera, some electronic, have HE560's (excellent soundstage for HiFiman) and Alpha Dogs (more intimate with excellent imaging). I had the HD650, XBA-4A, which was OK, but in the end didn't like it's sound signature. 

Is there a universal fit, IEM, that is equally good in a wide variety of musical genre, with a solid soundstage presentation? My portable amps/DAC's are the iFi iDSD Nano, Fiio E17, desktop is a Lyr 2 (amp and pre), Uber Bifrost, and either a Belles One or B & K 125.2 Ref. II speaker amps, with Draug 2 and Vanquish wiring.

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Dec 22, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #73 of 281
My favorite IEMs for soundstage would probably be the KEF M200. They sound similarly wide and spacious as my Sony EX1000, but with better depth. They rival my K3003 in depth and best them in overall soundstage size, even though the latter are six times more expensive.

Their sound signature is pretty linear and smooth throughout the mids and highs, with noticeable bass boost. If desired, the latter can be mitigated with a simple mod.

However, the crucial point is their fixed earhanger design, which makes fit and seal a matter of hit or miss. To those who can fit them comfortably, they'd be my first recommendation whenever soundstage is a high priority.

Dec 22, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #74 of 281
Don't have a ton of IEM experience but I was impressed by the soundstage of the HifiMAN RE-600, definitely preferred it by a landslide to the SE846. Might be something to look in to if someone has compared to the other headphones mentioned in this thread.

Dec 22, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #75 of 281
  Don't have a ton of IEM experience but I was impressed by the soundstage of the HifiMAN RE-600, definitely preferred it by a landslide to the SE846. Might be something to look in to if someone has compared to the other headphones mentioned in this thread.

i had found that the hifiman sound is not what i am searching for overall. not sure why, but what i demoed sounded bad, grainy and muffled. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back