CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 22, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #7,261 of 31,833
Feb 22, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #7,265 of 31,833
True, and like you, i also prefer earbuds than iems (which from what I've read the z5000 seems like an easy transition for you as an earbuds user). It's the bass amount of the z5000 that I'm weary of.. for reference to me even the TFZ king has a bit too much bass

I bought mine in 2016, so it's the original then?
Are those earbuds in ur signature bass light? I dont have a pair of earbuds (maybe except the K's 64 ohm) that is lighter on bass than any of my IEMs

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #7,266 of 31,833
Are those earbuds in ur signature bass light? I dont have a pair of earbuds (maybe except the K's 64 ohm) that is lighter on bass than any of my IEMs

the Liebesleid and **** is.
the Willsound has ample amount of bass

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #7,267 of 31,833
the Liebesleid and **** is.
the Willsound has ample amount of bass
Seems like the moondrop is out of reach for me, probably will give the PT15 a go xD Thanks mate!

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #7,268 of 31,833
For me, yes. I can’t stand the Z5000 after a week of use because it’s so inconsistent. The left side for me sounds drastically different from the right because of terrible driver flex or something. No matter what, I can’t seem to get the left side to sound like the right. I’ve tried everything, and it only sounds similar when I push and hold it super deep into my ear. It’s super finicky. Even then, it’s not my favorite sound. T2 are still my all-time favorite.
SO inconsistent???
I really think there a fit issue here...not a drivers issue, or perhaps both, but it certainly should not be hell to listen the Z5000, quite the contrairy.
You try over ear to I guess?

PS: And can I know what is your audio source???? as I feel everybody should tell with what source they listen the IEM.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #7,269 of 31,833
Seems like the moondrop is out of reach for me, probably will give the PT15 a go xD Thanks mate!
Moondrop NAMELESS have serious QC issue....feel betray by my pair cause I really love how they sound.....when they do not create distortion, wich happen not in bass heavy track too for left driver. Otherwise, they are like a cheaper alternative to Mrz Tomahawk in term of wide airy and deep soundstage.

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #7,270 of 31,833
Z5000 is good but its magnet looses strength after some days.

It becomes hazy in presentation and and tesla-ish control looses

They didn't got a good lot on magnet.

Plus QC is not that good.

Some are bassy, some hazy from start and some are brilliant like beyerdynamic xelento(just a little more bass on z5000)..

TinAudio T1 is better if you want z5000 presentation for longer period with tad less depth but amazing wideness and depth.

On cheaper price.(dita clones, so don't expect removable cable).

Well TFZ king have a big bass and not strong bass.

Bass sounds like coming from a big driver...take Sony xb75 and tame its bass, add a lot of speed and texture...sometimes big bass sounds strong to some people so eq it down...king is really a good iem

Wow...okay, can I know how do you fall to this conclusion wich I find interesting?

I was really wondering if they can loose magnet strenght, but was thinking it take years and years....not days.

I have 2 pairs so I will be able to update about sound change when it occur, my first pair still sound as first day (or better)....

So you own how much pair of Z5000??

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #7,271 of 31,833
From reading a lot of posts lately, it seems the z5000 hype train has really fizzled out.
Still loving my Z5000 to death. Mind you I mainly listen to classical music. I appreciate a lot the naturalness of these gems. Probably the best purchase I ever made.

Remarks about Tesla-magnet losing their power make me anxious. I was thinking about buying another but I'm having second thoughts now. Anybody else has experience with this?

By the way, I tamed the sometimes excessive bass by covering the vent with a plain white label. This worked better than scotch as there are probably some micropores in white labels.

I want to keep the hype going. :train::train::train::train::train:

Feb 22, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #7,273 of 31,833
I have been listening to the review sample Meizu Flow I recently received, and can now understand why they felt compelled to come out with the Flow Bass as the more I listen the more I realize how much these struggle to get bass extension. Mid-bass is good but sub-bass is lacking and after an extended listen they start getting pretty fatiguing as they are a bit top-heavy. Not bad for a first try but keep working toward a better extended sound on your next offering please Meizu. Also, the cable needs some work. These are only usable when sitting as the cable is extremely prone to microphonics and is designed to be worn tip-down so no way to hook them to minimize that.

Next up Macaw Tx-80 in BT with neckband and Edifier W806BT over ear BT.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #7,274 of 31,833
Oh, I was planning to buy the beryllium Urbanfun Hifi, not the hybrid one. There isn't any big difference between the two, is there? I assume they sound the same based on audiobudget's review.
I simply don't know but trust that Igor of audiobudget has good enough ears. Check the discussion boards and reviews out, there may have been some cable issues. The first generation is still available, too, according to what I heard.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #7,275 of 31,833
Get a zsr and ostry 200 tips and treat your ears bro

Zsr peaks within 5khz to 8khz which ostry 200 can dampen and not like 8khz to 10khz peak of zs6.

Zsr sound will be a huge sunrise for you....after this mod.

Upgrade cable makes presentation cleaner but quieter so more power is needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back