Best Sound Stage Headphones?
Apr 23, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #17 of 20

I have owned Q701, T70 and HD650. While HD 650 have the best sound stage for music, I think Q701 is the most accurate and best for gaming.

Quote:
Quite frankly the HD800's have no equal. But really, the K701 is more than sufficient. I'd say the HD800's are similar to the K701's with an all round upgrade. They have pretty equal soundstage width but the depth is significantly better on the HD800's. Having a world class dynamic for gaming is ridiculous IMO though...

I would not recommend the K1000 simply because they have insane amping requirements. Just look at the measurements. I haven't heard them though, so I can't comment on the sound.

+1

however, i would not use HD 800 for gaming, explosions would lack some impact and bullets would cause insane fatigue after a while.

i think K701 or HD 650 would be solid options for gaming though. (preference to the HD 650 for having a more coherent soundstage, its smaller than K701, but not as separated (left/right-ish). also the HD 650 has nicer bass and smoother treble, however, this is only my preference, the K701 is great as well.

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #19 of 20
It looks like the OP asked the question on the 23 June 2012.

I doubt he/she is still pondering this one after all this time.

However I will mention to anyone that might be interested that I recommend not upgrading. If the OP is happy with the AKG K701 headphones then he/she should just keep them and enjoy music or gaming with them.

I think that people often wish to upgrade Hi Fi stuff when this is not necessary to their enjoyment of music or whatever. We are continuously bombarded with advertising with the implicit message: "buying things makes you happy". It's a lie lie lie!!! Okay, it is in the longer term. You do get a consumerist buzz out of new things which can last for a few weeks, but it always wears off.

If you are happy with what you have just stick with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back