Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #7,636 of 7,916
That's interesting even though I think it could be imported phones or they have a different version there. I also see the G6 sold in UAE with Quad DAC but the European Version like mine does't have it I'm quite sure since there is no quad DAC option in any settings in the menu to activate it. 

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #7,642 of 7,916
I traded my Huawei P9 plus for a HTC10 today, and that was not even 3 weeks after i sold my last HTC10 :) Couldn`t stand the Audio from the Huawei. It was unbearable after having had the 10 before. Now i`m sitting here and again i`m shocked how good the Sound from that little thing is. There`s no need for Viper, Dolby, Boomsound, absolutely nothing. You install Poweramp, and it blows you away. Now my previous one was on Marshmallow and this one is on Nougat, and i think the sound quality is even better (Or it´s just my ears orgasming after the P9 Plus). 

Anyway, i couldn`t care less what DAC/AMP combo it has, fact is, it sounds better than any musical smartphone i`ve ever listened too - including Meizu pro 5, Lemax 1, xiaomi mi note pro, V10, apples and lots of others. It sounds even better than the Fiio X3 ii i had, but that maybe because the sound is a little bit warmer which i prefer.

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #7,643 of 7,916
I traded my Huawei P9 plus for a HTC10 today, and that was not even 3 weeks after i sold my last HTC10 :) Couldn`t stand the Audio from the Huawei. It was unbearable after having had the 10 before. Now i`m sitting here and again i`m shocked how good the Sound from that little thing is. There`s no need for Viper, Dolby, Boomsound, absolutely nothing. You install Poweramp, and it blows you away. Now my previous one was on Marshmallow and this one is on Nougat, and i think the sound quality is even better (Or it´s just my ears orgasming after the P9 Plus). 

Anyway, i couldn`t care less what DAC/AMP combo it has, fact is, it sounds better than any musical smartphone i`ve ever listened too - including Meizu pro 5, Lemax 1, xiaomi mi note pro, V10, apples and lots of others. It sounds even better than the Fiio X3 ii i had, but that maybe because the sound is a little bit warmer which i prefer.

Agree. I couldn't care less about what dac inside the 10. I don't get why this is so important. If you like it great, if not get another phone.

And it seems that we are stuck with this phone, no jack on the new HTC Ocean. But it could be a lot worse :).

Apr 18, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #7,644 of 7,916

Hong Kong also, which is also a dual sim version.

As I understand it, the Hong Kong version is the same version as the Russian and Ukraine version (H870DS). This model is supposed to have the Quad DAC, 64GB memory, and dual SIM. The South Korean version (G600K,L,S) also has the DAC, memory, but only a single SIM. The American version has wireless charging, and 32GB memory, no DAC, single SIM. The European version gets neither the DAC nor the wireless charging (I believe this is the same one that Latin America, Brazil, and South Africa are also getting). It was recently announced that Australia was also getting the Quad DAC. 

I ordered the H870DS (Russian/Hong Kong) version. As I understand it, it's the version that shares the most bands with carriers in the US. I'm on Cricket, so it's not like I had super fast data speeds anyways, so crossing my fingers and hoping it works out. I'm no audiophile or anything, but I'll try to report in when I get it in a couple days.

Apr 18, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #7,645 of 7,916
Hello guys, anyone can to give me some info about a good and dont very expensive, just around 200$ actual audiophile phone with a very good chip and with version in 64gb(because 32 its too small for my music files). And its will be better if the smartphone will be on snapdragon chip.

Apr 18, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #7,646 of 7,916
lg fd up with this lack of info - in local shops they show model as LG H870 - EU version http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g6-8466.php

this seems to show it has quad dac(language isnt important, its lg.com and show quad dac on h870) probably from Kazakhstan
http://www.lg.com/kz/smartphones-tablets/lg-H870

http://www.androidbeat.com/2017/03/lg-g6-faq/

Quote:
Q) What is the difference between the US and Korean/European variants of the LG G6?
A) The US variants of the LG G6 does not come with a 32-bit quad DAC. Instead, it features Qi wireless charging and 64GB of internal storage. The Korean and European variants of the handset come with 32GB storage and quad DAC.

this says EU wont get either
http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/10/14879596/lg-g6-regional-features-poll
If you're in South Korea, for example, then you'll be treated to 64GBs of storage and a quad DAC capable of delivering higher-quality audio from the headphone jack. Koreans won't get wireless charging though; that's a feature reserved for buyers only in the US who, conversely, won't get a quad DAC or the choice of a beefier 64GB phone. Europeans get nothing: no quad DAC, no wireless charging, and no 64GB model — the European G6 maxes out at 32GB just like the US. Some other Asian regions, like India, will also get the 64GB model.

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #7,650 of 7,916
I've suggested this earlier in the thread:

Europe is not allowed to have the output levels the Quad DAC can achieve. Something to do with possible hearing damage (back off Brussels!)

I guess they may be worried about continuing to do the same in the US, a country which paid out compensation to a woman who sued because her coffee was hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back