Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #7,263 of 7,916
Man, those are really fantastic news about the Hi-Fi Plus Module! I may get one for me, want to try it out. Yes, you should get it, it sounds at least as good as the LG V10 as per some research I've done in the past.

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #7,264 of 7,916
I mean that the volume even at MAX isn't satisfying... And i want more.
It happened to me when I had LG V 10 and Sennheiser HD 518, for example.
I wanted the result loudly.

max volume still not satisfying? then you really need external amp. I am not sure if hifi plus are going to satify your volume need also if you even said V10 high gain max volume isn't enough yet....

Or just find BA driver IEM.

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #7,265 of 7,916
I mean that the volume even at MAX isn't satisfying... And i want more.
It happened to me when I had LG V 10 and Sennheiser HD 518, for example.
I wanted the result loudly.

Are you sure the high output was triggered on the V10, that you used the ESS DAC and not the integrated Qualcomm one ? (I see HD518 impedance is 50ohm, rather low, so I really wonder).
The volume could be low with the integrated DAC on the V10, but once in AUX or HIGH mode, with the Sabre DAC (and so the OPA1612 opamp for amplification stage), it was plentiful loud (with cans like AKG K701, or Sennheiser HD650, not to mention with more sensitive ones like Fostex TH-X00)...

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #7,266 of 7,916
Maybe on the V10 I had a problem with the amp..
I'm reading that the LG amp works if your headphones are more than 50ohm..if they're less than 50ohm,the amp doesn't work.
And my ex sennheiser HD 518 had 50ohm..not more!
Maybe, this is the reason why I wasn't satisfied about the volume..

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #7,268 of 7,916
Then try to listen to a V10 with the ESS DAC really activated : it's not the same phone anymore. Now you have volume, but above all now you have sound quality above all you have ever heard from any smartphone earlier, with increased depth, if you use headphones with enough resolution (the Qualcomm sound was just so so). Your feet will begin to tap. Really.
To activate the DAC with low impedance cans : https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v10/general/force-impedance-mode-external-cables-t3354472

I haven't heard the V20 yet, though (not sold in Europe). 

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #7,269 of 7,916
Maybe on the V10 I had a problem with the amp..
I'm reading that the LG amp works if your headphones are more than 50ohm..if they're less than 50ohm,the amp doesn't work.
And my ex sennheiser HD 518 had 50ohm..not more!
Maybe, this is the reason why I wasn't satisfied about the volume..

I know it. Then you just need extended cable (3.5 female to 3.5 male cable) attach first with phone. Then you attach with your cans. This will activate external mode which give more power.

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #7,271 of 7,916
@Paulus XII

I'm really happy that I let you to know these news about the LG HIFI..
smily_headphones1.gif

This forum and thread is so great with all of you.
Greetings from Italy.

Really excited to know about this.

Greetings from Portugal 
beerchug.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #7,272 of 7,916
  Then try to listen to a V10 with the ESS DAC really activated : it's not the same phone anymore. Now you have volume, but above all now you have sound quality above all you have ever heard from any smartphone earlier, with increased depth, if you use headphones with enough resolution (the Qualcomm sound was just so so). Your feet will begin to tap. Really.
To activate the DAC with low impedance cans : https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v10/general/force-impedance-mode-external-cables-t3354472

I haven't heard the V20 yet, though (not sold in Europe). 

I can't... :D
I hated the battery autonomy and i sold it...
I wanted to try also the LG V20 but like you said, it's not sold in Europe and i didn't want an advice without warranty..so, nothing!
Same thing about LG G6 that has the Dac only for Korea version...
Well, the truth is that for Europe there aren't many devices with a good Dac dedicated..and this is bad.

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #7,274 of 7,916
vivo xplay6 review is near to be served. Just a little question to ask you guys.

Do you think I should compare it with mid-range DAP not in quality term but only in character (warm/dark/cool/bright/bass/treble/vocal)?

Or better not to compare it ever? I am fed up with criticizing like “How do crappy phone comparable with > $300 DAP?” “Are your ears too compromised?” etc.

What do you guys think?

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #7,275 of 7,916
  vivo xplay6 review is near to be served. Just a little question to ask you guys.

Do you think I should compare it with mid-range DAP not in quality term but only in character (warm/dark/cool/bright/bass/treble/vocal)?

Or better not to compare it ever? I am fed up with criticizing like “How do crappy phone comparable with > $300 DAP?” “Are your ears too compromised?” etc.

What do you guys think?

Rule them all and let it be. 
tongue_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back