Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #6,905 of 7,916
man, the LG6 is such dissapointment, but then again so is the htc ultra rehashed phones on old specs.

I'm wondering if this has to do with the big speculation for the iphone anniversary. eg. hold on to market somehow, wait till iphones releases, come back with blazing new? Just seems weird that both  HTC and LG went down the same road.

Feb 28, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #6,910 of 7,916
For best High-End sound quality, the Huawei P9 plus is OUTSTANDING good !
I use it with Technics Grand Class Headphones EAH-T700 - its difficult to hear the difference to a 7000.- € High-End Hifi-System.
Dont believe it ? - try yourself !
The P9 plus (not rooted!) has enough power to drive this headphone really LOUD and at the same time it reaches finest audiophile Details.
I use non-compressed WAV files and hi-res flac from an 200GB microSD card in the Huawei.
Never heard anything like this the past 40 years, since i use high-quality portable audio !!
Best wishes from Bremen, Germany
Kevin

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #6,911 of 7,916
For best High-End sound quality, the Huawei P9 plus is OUTSTANDING good !
I use it with Technics Grand Class Headphones EAH-T700 - its difficult to hear the difference to a 7000.- € High-End Hifi-System.
Dont believe it ? - try yourself !
The P9 plus (not rooted!) has enough power to drive this headphone really LOUD and at the same time it reaches finest audiophile Details.
I use non-compressed WAV files and hi-res flac from an 200GB microSD card in the Huawei.
Never heard anything like this the past 40 years, since i use high-quality portable audio !!
Best wishes from Bremen, Germany
Kevin

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #6,912 of 7,916
  man, the LG6 is such dissapointment, but then again so is the htc ultra rehashed phones on old specs.

I'm wondering if this has to do with the big speculation for the iphone anniversary. eg. hold on to market somehow, wait till iphones releases, come back with blazing new? Just seems weird that both  HTC and LG went down the same road.

i think they are afraid of limited availability of snapdragon 835, so they will make 821 g6 now and v30 with 835, though sony got 835 so who knows

Mar 1, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #6,913 of 7,916
  For best High-End sound quality, the Huawei P9 plus is OUTSTANDING good .....

Would be interesting to hear from anyone else with experience of the P9 Plus model. 
Their hardware, especially the photo capabilities, are nice.
But my own experience of listening to a friend's P9 left me underwhelmed for audio quality. It was distinctly ordinary and in no way close to my LG G3 or others that I've tried. Maybe the Plus has different internals...?

Additionally, the P9 Plus price is not very compelling. Taking a quick look at prices on Amazon:
 - At least 20% more expensive that the HTC 10 and ZTE Axon 7
 - Hugely more expensive than the LG G5 and Axon 7 Mini
Noting that (with current announced launches) the P9 Plus and G5 & A10 are now 'last-year's flagships' (so directly comparable), the P9 Plus looks way over-priced and lacks feedback (on forums and 'pro' reviews) for audio quality.
So would not be my choice unless the photo capability really is also high on the list of priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back