Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #6,889 of 7,916
Guess I'll get a Samsung S8 rather than the LG G6 then, a shame, as the G5 does a lot of things right

Feb 26, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #6,894 of 7,916
Hi all
I just want to use tidal in offline mode ...preferred listening edm alt rock dubstep new wave.
I m getting confused but on my radar there are
Htc 10
Lg v10
Vivo xplay 5
Zte axon 7
Zte axon 7 mini.

As headphones audeze sine and as iems various hybrid models ( ibasso it 03 dunu 2000)
And noble xx massdrop on the way.

Any advice is more than welcome

P.s now as smartphone I have sony xperia z3 but i find the volime too low.
Other source is ak70 and i find it beautiful ( if tidal will be also offline in tge future will be perfect

Lg v20

Lg g6 announced today with improved quad dac!

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #6,895 of 7,916
  Lg v20

Lg g6 announced today with improved quad dac!

But only for Korea and a few other Asia countries. Do they think we don't like high-end audio in Europe/US ??  Madness. Its the only thing I'd have considered for over a Galaxy.

I decided to get a dedicated DAP for music (the new FIIO X5III) and stick with my Galaxy phones (currently S7 with likely upgrade to S8) for all other usage.

Feb 26, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #6,897 of 7,916
Except i've never talked to anyone who actually cared about wireless charging. 
agreed, I have the Samsung fast wireless charger (qc2) but still plug in anyway... Just the way it is.

Feb 26, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #6,898 of 7,916
I don't think there's much point to wireless charging if the phone has to be close to the charging device. If it is non-mobile then it is non-mobile whether there is a physical cable involved or not. Some people (for instance MIT/MagMIMO) are working on a longer range wireless charging solution and if they succeed in creating a practical wireless charging system that works for a whole room that would be great, but for now I don't see much point to it except maybe for reliability since it provides an additional means to charge the phone if the microUSB port fails or gets too dirty. If they eliminate the usb port entirely that would help for both water resistance and reliability but it also means there is no easy way to use the internal memory storage.

LG's decision in this matter really highlights how little importance most people place on sound quality. Not enough people care about it for it to affect the bottom line of the mega-corporations making these things. The only surprise is that LG is bothering to make any devices with their super-quad-DAC thingy. Apparently there is one guy at LG who thinks sound quality is something they need to worry about. I wonder who he is.

Feb 26, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #6,899 of 7,916
Maybe they had ordered too many of them dac/amp parts so now they better stick them into phones, I mean what else are they gonna do with them?

It would almost look like they make some tiny profit out of all this hi-fi idea so they might just not fire the guy who thought it up.

Just my 2c.

Feb 26, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #6,900 of 7,916
Maybe they had ordered too many of them dac/amp parts so now they better stick them into phones, I mean what else are they gonna do with them?

It would almost look like they make some tiny profit out of all this hi-fi idea so they might just not fire the guy who thought it up.

Just my 2c.

Just depends on how many people actually bought it based on hi fi audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back