Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #6,737 of 7,916
A couple of good points in the Sony Z3 Compact's favour in addition to what has already been mentioned:

1/Ultra Stamina Mode turns it into a 'dumb' phone and DAP/FM radio (great quality one at that (plus nice camera) with battery life of several days

2/ the seperate magnetic charging connection means it can be used with a USB DAC (Cyrus soundKey currently in my case) indefinitely as a nice bedside system

Those features plus native Hires support. built in digital noise cancelling via Sonys affordable and good quality earphones. aptx, waterproofing, nice simple Compact design, great (2 year old) Flagship specs all make it a beautifully designed all rounder for music lovers and others alike. Might not be the best now but it's still a great and unique option

Feb 13, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #6,738 of 7,916
  LG G6 will be presented at barcellona this 26

That will be interesting.

According to GSMArena, the quad DAC in G6 will be an upgraded version of V20:s:

"...The company has now announced an upgraded version of [V20's Quad DAC] will be part of the G6 package. Like the name suggests, the Quad DAC actually implements four DACs on a single chip, not only reducing the size factor, but also, reportedly, bringing static noise down by 50%. The 32-bit DAC is able to control the left and right channels separately, for a more balanced audio experience. Also, increased circuit integration has helped bring down loss of information and overall distortion to just 0.0002 percent."

http://www.gsmarena.com/the_lg_g6_will_have_an_upgraded_quad_dac-news-23373.php

Feb 13, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #6,739 of 7,916
Sorry a few more:-

Dedicated camera button
Tap to wake
Small Apps
PlayStation remote play? (means nothing to me but..)

Oh...and it sounds smashing with the right ie bright and sensitive phones IMO

Feb 14, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #6,745 of 7,916
  What exactly is lacking?

Typically the hardware build quality and the software bugs.
Many of their phones get stuck in boot loops or the hardware fails.

Of my 3 friends with LG phones all 3 of them had to replace their phones under warranty in 1 year or less.
My friend had a rented V10 which would overheat insanely after a few months and kill the battery instantly.
Another friend has a G5 that gets stuck in bootloops, my other friend has a Nexus 5 (that is LG) and it has 0 battery life and the buttons broke down after about 1.5 years and she has to press them very hard.

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #6,748 of 7,916
Any suggestions for something under $150? My idea is sticking in a 128GB SD and listening to FLAC files with good headphones. I tried the PPTV KING and it works fine, sound-wise, but the phone began to give me problems straight away and the customer service from banggood suggested that I don't buy the same one because the quality is not stable.

Thanks.

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #6,749 of 7,916
  Typically the hardware build quality and the software bugs.
Many of their phones get stuck in boot loops or the hardware fails.

Of my 3 friends with LG phones all 3 of them had to replace their phones under warranty in 1 year or less.
My friend had a rented V10 which would overheat insanely after a few months and kill the battery instantly.
Another friend has a G5 that gets stuck in bootloops, my other friend has a Nexus 5 (that is LG) and it has 0 battery life and the buttons broke down after about 1.5 years and she has to press them very hard.

I have tried HTC M9, Sony ZR and LG G3 and G5. I found LG to have the best UI

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #6,750 of 7,916
  I have tried HTC M9, Sony ZR and LG G3 and G5. I found LG to have the best UI

I think that is more about preference, most people have preferred Sense over the years. But at the same time lots of people like vanilla android which I personally hate.

The UI itself doesn't matter as much especially if the phone itself ends up with hardware or booting problems :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back