Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #6,691 of 7,916
  I want to ask a question from those guys who have either x900 or x900+. I am searching for a difference between these two models but couldn't find it except that x900+ support more bands (a seller on aliexpress told me this). I am in a dilemma between x900/x900+ as sellers on aliexpress send random piece on order.

Can anyone having either of these two confirm what band their device supports ? 

X900 and X900+ are no different, X900+ just means that it has international ROM

Feb 8, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #6,692 of 7,916

Most things are subjective, especially today where many tests are done by large sites for marketing purposes...

This thread is about the best phones for audiophiles. If you have the money to buy an HTC 10, its already been tested and proven to be the best Audiophile phone with the LG V20 coming in a close second.
Nothing else has touched it in scientific and real world testing. If people cannot accept that then it is not my fault they want to be in denial and fanboy some other brands.

Ahem...

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #6,695 of 7,916
  For those interested in the xplay6, I found this article that you may enjoy reading. translate it with google as it is in chinese.
The author thinks that the xplay6 is the best smartphone for music. Those of you who speaks and reads chinese can maybe correct me if I am wrong.

http://mobile.zol.com.cn/624/6247137_all.html#p6247137_param

it looks like a sponsored article, or as we call them "软文" (soft ad.) in chinese.

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #6,696 of 7,916
it looks like a sponsored article, or as we call them "软文" (soft ad.) in chinese.

Yes. There was no real life comparison with any equipments.. no detail analysis... Just mentioning how awesome the DAC is and how it is gonna be better than many dedicated players... Of course they never bother mentioning the importance of implementations and the internal circuit design..

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #6,697 of 7,916
  Ahem...

Whatever man, I'm not going to get into this arguement again.
The data is there, its everywhere. Its not just big review sites, its all over here from big top 100 reviewers to regular guys who have bought the phone and raved about it.

If you don't like it that is your choice, but there are plenty of facts and opinions to back up what i wrote.

Feb 9, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #6,698 of 7,916
Nobody has bought that I believe....I was reading and watching some comments on YouTube the device has many bugs and at first didn't even have a phone interface no dialer etc. it had more of a tablet style OS and even problems applying update to fix that

Stumbled across this thread and I have a pptv king 7.

Sound quality is great for such a cheap phone, have rooted it and use v4a, mainly with my AKG k50s.

Only used the stock software for a day but it seemed fine. Didn't notice any of the bugs posted above but some characters would occasionally be in Chinese script. In any case it was very simple to root and aosp 5.1 and everything works perfectly.

The only issue is battery drains v quickly when screen is on, it lasts 4 hours. But lasts a day with average use.

Overall, an absolute bargain, would deffo recommend.

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #6,699 of 7,916
Stumbled across this thread and I have a pptv king 7.

Sound quality is great for such a cheap phone, have rooted it and use v4a, mainly with my AKG k50s.

Only used the stock software for a day but it seemed fine. Didn't notice any of the bugs posted above but some characters would occasionally be in Chinese script. In any case it was very simple to root and aosp 5.1 and everything works perfectly.

The only issue is battery drains v quickly when screen is on, it lasts 4 hours. But lasts a day with average use.

Overall, an absolute bargain, would deffo recommend.

Nice thank you, could you compare the sq to any DAP or smartphone in terms of quality and output power (without boost in Viper)?

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #6,700 of 7,916
Sorry, it's the only dap/phone I have atm and I don't know enough about sound quality to give an authorative opinion.

All I can say is that it drives my headphones louder and cleaner than my moto e

Feb 9, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #6,702 of 7,916
Sorry, it's the only dap/phone I have atm and I don't know enough about sound quality to give an authorative opinion.

All I can say is that it drives my headphones louder and cleaner than my moto e

Sound is subjective you just describe whatever comes to mind lol but thanks now I know it's not as buggy as I thought and it has a ROM available :grinning:

Feb 9, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #6,703 of 7,916
So the Axon seems a little better after the Nougat update....cleaner and a little more detailed, Standard Hi-fi sounds musical and more balanced with a slight volume boost, Super Hi-fi sounds more analytical, higher volume and better details but some tracks may sound less exciting compared to Standard, still doesn't extend too well into treble like ESS phones or HTC 10 but can be fixed with EQ I guess....also I was hoping for more volume steps but nope, battery drains less with Super engaged so that's good and I wouldnt mind more volume steps but anyway awesome device!

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #6,704 of 7,916
To be honest the big Axon 7 is a mistery to me, it has the ak4961 and the ak4490 dac in it. Isn't the ak4490 supposed to be the best from AKM? yet the little axon 7 with it's ak4962 sounds lot better, yes I know it's a newer dac and probaby better implemented, but it is no means as capable as ak4490 is...

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #6,705 of 7,916
To be honest the big Axon 7 is a mistery to me, it has the ak4961 and the ak4490 dac in it. Isn't the ak4490 supposed to be the best from AKM? yet the little axon 7 with it's ak4962 sounds lot better, yes I know it's a newer dac and probaby better implemented, but it is no means as capable as ak4490 is...

I think it's as you said implementation, on previous firmware battery drain was higher and now it's better as well as the sound to my ears, maybe they can do more with the chipset in the mini because it could have better power efficiency etc the big brother sounds good now tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back