Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #6,511 of 7,916
Le Max x900+ [COLOR=454545]no equalizer from spotify.. i tried paid version of Equalizer app from googleplay.. but when i used it to spotify the audio becomes slow and distorted [/COLOR]
i got piston v5 HD iem.. seems working fine with spotify alone but it sounds dull.. when i tried using Equalizer app, the music goes slow and distorted :frowning2:

Please help..

Which equalizer app did you try? (99% of them are either useless, or bring bugs and adware).

Try Equalizer FX.
It's free and works perfectly on my LG G3 with Spotify (LG G3 normally has equalizer disabled in Spotify (LG decision). The Equalizer FX app is the only app that I have found that works with Spotify).

Jan 30, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #6,512 of 7,916
Which equalizer app did you try? (99% of them are either useless, or bring bugs and adware).

Try Equalizer FX.
It's free and works perfectly on my LG G3 with Spotify (LG G3 normally has equalizer disabled in Spotify (LG decision). The Equalizer FX app is the only app that I have found that works with Spotify).

this app.. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartandroidapps.equalizer&hl=en and i bought the paid version but still crash and distorted :frowning2:

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #6,514 of 7,916
Guys please stop the hardware battle of htc 10, it has no published documents on its internals, just like there where none for one m8/m9. Lets discuss it's sound and it's hardware which you can not prove or disprove.

I listened to it and it was was more laid back in terms of soundstage, also it wasn't quite as neutral sounding, the mids felt a bit wee and bass felt overpowered for my tastes, axon 7 mini has a more neutral sound in my opinion and it brings out the mids a lot better, but that is just my opinion with, limited time on htc 10.

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #6,515 of 7,916
Guys please stop the hardware battle of htc 10, it has no published documents on its internals, just like there where none for one m8/m9. Lets discuss it's sound and it's hardware which you can not prove or disprove.

I listened to it and it was was more laid back in terms of soundstage, also it wasn't quite as neutral sounding, the mids felt a bit wee and bass felt overpowered for my tastes, axon 7 mini has a more neutral sound in my opinion and it brings out the mids a lot better, but that is just my opinion with, limited time on htc 10.

Agree. Tested htc10 once and get the feeling same as you.

But in term of smartphone it is great device tbh.

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #6,517 of 7,916
  Well, wouldn't a detailed teardown be able to tell us what is actually in them HTC 10s and what isn't ?

yes, but no such teardown is publicly available yet.

it may used additional opamps, it may not, there is no proof yet.
and HTC didn't say they used additional amps, ususally that means none.

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #6,518 of 7,916
  HTC's 10  Aqstic is not a dedicated chip, its an integrated one. Ive done research before i could think adding it to my list of smartphones with dedicated audio chips.

aqstic(wcd9335) is a standalone chip, but it is a bundled chip in 820/821/835 solution, one simply cannot make a smartphone without it.

when we talk about dedicated audio chip, we usually mean a non-bundled chip, to provide another audio path besides the bundled one.

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #6,519 of 7,916

Thank you! I like the phone and the sound I listen to it from the time to time but I always find myself trying bring out the mids with the custom profile tuner while the mids even on the regular Axon is better IMO

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #6,520 of 7,916
If i will try to go back to 5.8version of Le Max x900, can i have equalizer on Spotify?

If the 5.8 version is Marshmallow with the same bootloader you should be able to download the official firmware from either LeEco, XDA or LeEco.re if its available, should be a update.zip file, place it on the internal storage, boot into recovery and just flash it, I've done this a lot with my x800 and even flashed a whole other firmware and flashed back, just make sure you if you gonna do that download the correct firmware and backup, also please be aware even though it's factory firmware anything can happen so be careful

Jan 30, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #6,521 of 7,916

This depends on how you tune the audio as it has profiles.

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #6,522 of 7,916
i'm choosing a new big smartphone and i've come down to these 3 devices :

-Oneplus 3T
-Mi5s Plus
-Axon 7

i'm looking for a clean 3.5mm jack output with decent soundstage and good dynamic range, having stereo sperker is just not needed since i'll be using headphones most of the time

as reference i've tried aquaris bq m5 lately and it sounded AMAZING thanks to its dac

i've heard 820/821 chipset phones got a good audio codec ( aqstic ) may be enough to deliver or i might switch to the axon 7 ?
Axon 7 got some problems not yet addressed and i've heard many people complain about reception, software bugs and camera ( even i don't care too much about camera )
is it worth the risk to get an Axon 7 for audio specs or i will bettter off with a Mi5s plus ( has newer processor, better battery life and less bugs ) or Oneplus 3t ( best software , better battery life, dash charge ) ?

or maybe i should wait next gen devices?

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #6,523 of 7,916
i'm choosing a new big smartphone and i've come down to these 3 devices :

-Oneplus 3T
-Mi5s Plus
-Axon 7

i'm looking for a clean 3.5mm jack output with decent soundstage and good dynamic range, having stereo sperker is just not needed since i'll be using headphones most of the time

as reference i've tried aquaris bq m5 lately and it sounded AMAZING thanks to its dac

i've heard 820/821 chipset phones got a good audio codec ( aqstic ) may be enough to deliver or i might switch to the axon 7 ?
Axon 7 got some problems not yet addressed and i've heard many people complain about reception, software bugs and camera ( even i don't care too much about camera )
is it worth the risk to get an Axon 7 for audio specs or i will bettter off with a Mi5s plus ( has newer processor, better battery life and less bugs ) or Oneplus 3t ( best software , better battery life, dash charge ) ?

or maybe i should wait next gen devices?

With the same budget, why don't you consider v20?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back