Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #4,907 of 7,916
After having the HTc10 for 5 months. Previously using V10 for a brief moment. I can conclude that HTC10 is the best as a whole package.

1/ unlocked, the ability to have connections everywhere. Seamlessly 4G connections, free Wi-fi call on T-mobile anywhere, secondary networks on 4G. Excellent connection and receptions. For years, I had been trying to connect to 4G with different unlocked phones by Samsung and Sony....never had that access to T-mobile secondary LTE...until now.

2/ compact, can be used in one hand comfortably. Frequent firmware upgrades.

3/ No manual high-low gains. No 3rd party apps bugs, it only seamlessly constantly offering Hi-fidelity Audio out of 3.5mm Jack.

4/ unlocked HTC 10 means Unlocked...no bloat ware, no hidden locked features on any networks.

5/ Camera is excellent, fast, smooth.

6/ No blowing up battery...LOL

7/ for a mere $550 for this device is a steal.

8/ Excellent Bluetooth Audio connectivity and connection. I am talking about Bluetooth level of Dedicated DAP.

I had been in the market for the best phones and audio quality for so ...so long. After all, I could never thanks HTC enough for this, and Qualcomm at this. Finally, a high-fidelity smartphone with excellent usability and connectivity, freedom, and 0 bugs.

So, if you are like me, do yourself a favor, and give HTC 10 the chance. It is excellent as a whole package...unless you fancy those 3rd party DAC, which will constantly numb you into 3rd party app bugs (the nature of Android and hardware implementation). Then with all due respect, keep reporting the quality on your new findings

For more HTC 10 review and details

http://www.head-fi.org/t/807570/review-on-htc-10-and-sound-quality-aqstic-dedicated-integrated-dac

$500 on this is not a steal, you could get the same specs for $100 or even $200 less, i dont get all this praising on these HTC, LG, or Samsung, when there are other companies who truly do take audio as a important component to their phones, take a look to Vivo, they implement dedicated ESS DACs to almost all of their phones, of course, the availability of their phones suck, but they are a good example of company who take audio as an important component, just take a look at the Vivo X6S Plus, it has ESS Sabre ES9028, ESS Sabre ES9603 and a Yamaha YSS-205X audio chips.

So far in my opinion, the LeTV Le Max X900 has the one of the most impressive audio specs out there, it has two independent power supplies which reduces noise floor and frequency ripples, and it is also equipped with dual crystal oscillators which i dont think you see that in most phones out there. LeTV was also able to cooperate with ESS to create their own customized Sabre DAC, which turned out to be the LeHifi LeTV-HQ7A DAC of which is exclusively developed and tuned by AKG. And lastly, the phone is certified by Dolby, DTS, AKG and possibly the first phone certified by SRS.  

If the S7 has the aqstic DAC, why does it sound worse than the G5 with hi-fi DAC. It's anemic to me. Nit even close. The HTC 10 and the G5 w/hi-fi DAC, on the other hand, are extremely close.

The S7 Exynos has the Cirrus Logic CS47L91 DAC, which is superior to the one that HTC 10 and the standard G5 has.

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #4,908 of 7,916
You may view it differently from another part of the world. In the USA, Sony, Samsung, LG, HTC are the only phone that offer 4G connection, and my point of view is from within the US

Lately axon has joined that too, but the HTC 10 is still better in features overall

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #4,909 of 7,916
You may view it differently from another part of the world. In the USA, Samsung, of HTC are the only phone that offer 4G connection, and my point of view is from within the US

Lately axon has joined that too, but the HTC 10 is still better in features

Yeah, for the Americans it may suck, but in Canada most of them work fine in 4G, for example i was able to get the LeTV 1s and Redmi Note 3 to work with Bell in 4G.

But of course, HTC 10 may be the best in the US right now, but when you compare it to phones that are not available in the US, then youl be dissapointed
  A good but cheap phone for listening to FLAC files? (for example one from these http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Smartphones-c-1567.html?pto=150 )

Can you be more specific on your budget and screen size? ill be able to help you out

Nov 2, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #4,912 of 7,916

Budget €150, screen size doesn't matter too much. The idea is sticking in a big micro-sd and installing VLC (or something like that).

does audio of gaalxy s7 lg g5 without hifi plus is too bad because i will be using them rarely as my main source will be ibasso dx80. Smartphone only for emergency

Nov 2, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #4,914 of 7,916
  can  I ask why is Wolfson dac not seen in phones anymore, I used to like phones with Wolfson dac as they sounded full, warm and great bass

which out of all these phones is the most musical , and its sound quality does not fall apart at high volumes

Hi there
check out this thing, and here are the reviews, from this website.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifime-sabre-9018-usb-dac/reviews/16195
http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifime-sabre-9018-usb-dac/reviews/16975

it only costs 80$, and there is a Micro USB version which suites android better.

Nov 2, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #4,915 of 7,916

Hi there
check out this thing, and here are the reviews, from this website.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifime-sabre-9018-usb-dac/reviews/16195
http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifime-sabre-9018-usb-dac/reviews/16975

it only costs 80$, and there is a Micro USB version which suites android better.

​no thanks as I from now on will try to avoid anything that sabre dacs in it

Nov 2, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #4,917 of 7,916
Nov 2, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #4,919 of 7,916
I like warm sound signatures an sabre is known for being opposite that

Even hm901? LoL

Also meizu mx4 pro/pro5 use ess but it has warm analog sound .

It is about implementation ~

Nov 2, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #4,920 of 7,916
well it depends on implementation too. Oppo ha2 amp DAC also has ESS sabre 9018 dac

​well I heard few who have sabre dacs for example fiio x7 and I am trying to move to more warm sounding dacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back