Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #3,931 of 7,916
Aug 16, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #3,933 of 7,916
Quite a few of us - Combining with UAPP (which sounds better than the stock 'Hi-Fi Plus' mode), it doesn't shame itself at all when running with the JH Laylas (what I have on right this second)...

Amazing really, what can be squeezed out of a phone.

DAmmmm your not wrong. I just download the UAPP Trial. Much better than the stock driver or whatever it is.

However with the trial version at least, the volume control is a bit buggy and it always starts off at 100% volume and tries to blast your head off. Does this happen with the full version? (just like to know before i fork out $$$)

Aug 16, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #3,934 of 7,916
Quite a few of us - Combining with UAPP (which sounds better than the stock 'Hi-Fi Plus' mode), it doesn't shame itself at all when running with the JH Laylas (what I have on right this second)...

Amazing really, what can be squeezed out of a phone.

New Knowledge for me too. Thanks for sharing this.

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #3,935 of 7,916
DAmmmm your not wrong. I just download the UAPP Trial. Much better than the stock driver or whatever it is.

However with the trial version at least, the volume control is a bit buggy and it always starts off at 100% volume and tries to blast your head off. Does this happen with the full version? (just like to know before i fork out $$$)
go into the settings of UAPP, select software volume control, and for not quite so severe volume jumps, 40 steps, and away you go :)

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #3,936 of 7,916
go into the settings of UAPP, select software volume control, and for not quite so severe volume jumps, 40 steps, and away you go
smily_headphones1.gif

Awesome thanks man. Night and Day difference when A/B testing UAPP and Neutron

Aug 16, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #3,938 of 7,916
There was someone going on about how good an Exynos Note 5 is.

I have it in my hands now and even compared to G5 with module, it stands well. Great sound.

FYI, I heard Note 7 too and that is even better.

Aug 16, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #3,939 of 7,916
I was thinking of buying S7 Edge but this thread hurt my feelings as a person that spends a lot of time listening to music on my phone. HTC 10 looks like crap but people seem to say it is the best sounding one. I've had bad experience with HTC's smartphones before too. What do?
rolleyes.gif

Aug 16, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #3,940 of 7,916
  I was thinking of buying S7 Edge but this thread hurt my feelings as a person that spends a lot of time listening to music on my phone. HTC 10 looks like crap but people seem to say it is the best sounding one. I've had bad experience with HTC's smartphones before too. What do?
rolleyes.gif

Wait for the LG V20

Aug 16, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #3,941 of 7,916
There was someone going on about how good an Exynos Note 5 is.

I have it in my hands now and even compared to G5 with module, it stands well. Great sound.

FYI, I heard Note 7 too and that is even better.
What are you driving from the phone?

The Note 7 has exactly the same internals as the S7 from all the pointers I've seen, so - don't get your hopes up.

Aug 16, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #3,942 of 7,916
Do android mods like dolby atmos and Viper audio really work?

Never played with Dolby Atmos, but V4A worked really well on my Galaxy S3. It also helped with the sound on the original Galaxy Note, but that phone had really noisy internals that V4A couldn't remedy.

Aug 17, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #3,944 of 7,916
Is there anything on the horizon that might be decent in a sub 5" size? 4.7" would be even better. Or would I be better off getting something like a CEntrance DACport Slim?

Sony Z3 or Z5 Compact? Or new iPhone SE for even nicer size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back