Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #2,326 of 7,916
Hello,

are there experiences regarding sound quality of the Lenovo Vibe X3?
There is a cheap "Youth" version of Vibe X3 available, with the same DAC and amplifier components (ESS Sabre DAC ES9018K2M, 3 x OPA1612).
 The phone costs round about 225$, so this coud be an of the cheapest audiophile Smartphones. 

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #2,327 of 7,916
  Hello,

There is a cheap "Youth" version of Vibe X3 available, with the same DAC and amplifier components (ESS Sabre DAC ES9018K2M, 3 x OPA1612).
 The phone costs round about 225$, so this coud be an of the cheapest audiophile Smartphones. 

I don't think the youth has the hifi chips. i had the vibe x3 and its a very good sounding phone. I felt the meizu pro 5 edged it though

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #2,329 of 7,916
Hello,

Yes it simply blows every other phone in the music department..sadly no one owns a vibe x3 here..as no one is talking about it..you can read the review at gsmarena it's a very perfect music device

Mar 19, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #2,330 of 7,916
Yes it simply blows every other phone in the music department..sadly no one owns a vibe x3 here..as no one is talking about it..you can read the review at gsmarena it's a very perfect music device

Having used it in one week before giving to my dad, vibe x3 is cheap and good sq near xiaomi mi note. love its speaker loud and clear. still never come close to either Letv or meizu (of course)

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #2,332 of 7,916
At the moment I think there's tendency saying that Meizu Pro 5 is slightly better sounding than LG V10 (probably thanks to the fact that Meizu started as DAP producing company). There are also new Vivo X6 Plus with great audio hardware and LG G5 with Hi-Fi Plus.
Lenovo Vibe X3 and Qiku phones have also got great hardware but are probably not as fine tuned as a/m phones. There's also a russian Highscreen Boost 3 Pro with ESS chip and finely tuned amp but never read any proper review of it...

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #2,333 of 7,916
Indeed did.
G5 hifi plus will be around 140EUR.
so thinking of waiting or Z3 right away :wink:

Cheers

Ok sounds good! If you're ok with the G5 + that mod being bigger than the Z3, then go for that as I'm sure it will sound better because of that mod. But if you think it's too big, then go for Z3. You can compare specs including size measurements here. (Remember, the Hi-Fi Plus mod will add a TINY bit of length to the G5.)

I'm not as super crazy about my S7 as I thought I'd be, so it's VERY likely that when the Sony Xperia X Performance comes out this summer that I will switch to that. I just love Sony phones better.

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #2,334 of 7,916
Indeed did.
G5 hifi plus will be around 140EUR.
so thinking of waiting or Z3 right away
wink.gif

Cheers

lxlx,

As a side note, IF you get the Z3, I recommend you review the copied & pasted document below that I created which lists the best camera settings for that phone. You would need to switch to Manual Mode as Superior Auto Mode (SAM) on that phone is really good but not as great as what Manual mode can achieve. 

Cheers!

Sony Xperia Z3 (Manual Mode) Camera Settings
 ​

Resolution: 15.5 MP (or 20.7 for 4:3)

Focus mode: Face detection

ISO: Auto

Metering: Face

Nighttime Flash: Red Eye (Tell people before you take the shot that it will flash twice. DON'T say anything else besides "TWO flashes" while showing your 2 front fingers as you say it. Or "It'll flash twice." Anything else will lose their attention. lol) Or, if Red Eye still produces pics with "red eye", switch to Auto immediately. (IF flash just isn't working, day or night, just turn it off.)

Daytime Flash: Whether people are involved or not, enable “Fill Flash”. It’s a lighter version of Flash. (Why Fill Flash? Compare these 2 pics….. 1) Without Fill  2) With Fill 

EV (Exposure Value): -1 (you can adjust b/t 0 and -2 if you’d like) Higher makes the surrounding lighting brighter, lower makes the surrounding light darker. 

WB (White Balance): Auto (except under natural ((day)) light, then use sunny or cloudy option/icon depending on current conditions)

Important Note: You can make Manual Mode (MM) your default setting by simply ALWAYS using the stock camera app to start the camera up, NOT the dedicated camera button on the side of phone. The dedicated camera button will always bring up Auto Mode, which you don't want. Just make sure you use the camera app to first go into Manual Mode, apply my settings above (which will save them for next time), then exit out. The next time you tap on the camera app, it will take you to where you left off............ in Manual Mode.

More non-people pics: For nighttime outdoor pics with little to no light: Switch to 8 MPs in MM, and select “High (ISO) Sensitivity” under Scenes, no flash. (Night Scene mode for light trails: Be warned it uses a very slow shutter so you'll need to hold steady by resting your shoulders against your body or supporting the camera against something. It uses low ISO and slow shutter to produce very high quality photos with an artistic flair. Try it out on a busy street at night.) 

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #2,335 of 7,916

lxlx,

As a side note, IF you get the Z3, I recommend you review the copied & pasted document below that I created which lists the best camera settings for that phone. You would need to switch to Manual Mode as Superior Auto Mode (SAM) on that phone is really good but not as great as what Manual mode can achieve. 

Cheers!

​

Nighttime Flash: Red Eye (Tell people before you take the shot that it will flash twice. DON'T say anything else besides "TWO flashes" while showing your 2 front fingers as you say it. Or "It'll flash twice." Anything else will lose their attention. lol) Or, if Red Eye still produces pics with "red eye", switch to Auto immediately. (IF flash just isn't working, day or night, just turn it off.)

Daytime Flash: Whether people are involved or not, enable “Fill Flash”. It’s a lighter version of Flash. (Why Fill Flash? Compare these 2 pics….. 1) Without Fill  2) With Fill 

EV (Exposure Value): -1 (you can adjust b/t 0 and -2 if you’d like) Higher makes the surrounding lighting brighter, lower makes the surrounding light darker. 

WB (White Balance): Auto (except under natural ((day)) light, then use sunny or cloudy option/icon depending on current conditions)

Important Note: You can make Manual Mode (MM) your default setting by simply ALWAYS using the stock camera app to start the camera up, NOT the dedicated camera button on the side of phone. The dedicated camera button will always bring up Auto Mode, which you don't want. Just make sure you use the camera app to first go into Manual Mode, apply my settings above (which will save them for next time), then exit out. The next time you tap on the camera app, it will take you to where you left off............ in Manual Mode.

More non-people pics: For nighttime outdoor pics with little to no light: Switch to 8 MPs in MM, and select “High (ISO) Sensitivity” under Scenes, no flash. (Night Scene mode for light trails: Be warned it uses a very slow shutter so you'll need to hold steady by resting your shoulders against your body or supporting the camera against something. It uses low ISO and slow shutter to produce very high quality photos with an artistic flair. Try it out on a busy street at night.) 

Thanks for the tips, I guess your S7 takes better shots though?

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #2,336 of 7,916
  Thanks for the tips, I guess your S7 takes better shots though?

Rex, 

YW!

Yeah, but it IS like a year and a half newer. Samsung phones have been slightly better than Sony phones at taking pictures. I think it's b/c they tweak their cameras a little better than Sony does, plus they have OIS, which Sony for whatever doesn't offer on its phones. 

The ironic thing though is that Apple & Samsung (and now HTC) BOTH utilize Sony camera sensors. Go figure! 

The upcoming Sony Xperia X Performance though is said to have the same camera sensor has last fall's Z5, but with "improved software algorithms" on the camera, so it's possible it may be just as good as the S7's camera? We will find out soon enough. The Z3's camera though is still DAMN great, even if you have to use Manual Mode to really make it shine. 

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #2,339 of 7,916
If only if Xperia Performance has a good DAC and AMP inside :mad:

There's always a "jump" within xperia generations, the next one shall sounds good with better dac+amp :blush:

Sony has become too unstable for audiophiles, since the Z3 I saw nothing better in the latest devices. On the other side LG and various chinese brands are improving in the right way

I saw that the Samsung S7 line abandoned the touchwiz music player and use the default Google Music app. I haven't auditioned them yet but it seems that audio is no more a priority for the brand.

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #2,340 of 7,916
lxlx,

Cheers!

[COLOR=404040]More non-people pics: For nighttime outdoor pics with little to no light: Switch to 8 MPs in MM, and select “High (ISO) Sensitivity” under Scenes, no flash. (Night Scene mode for light trails: Be warned it uses a very slow shutter so you'll need to hold steady by resting your shoulders against your body or supporting the camera against something. It uses low ISO and slow shutter to produce very high quality photos with an artistic flair. Try it out on a busy street at night.) [/COLOR]

Nice to have these information, but where is audio in all that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back