Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #2,057 of 7,916
  guys, which website is the most legit place to buy the meizu mx4 pro?

how is the battery life on the said device?

is there anything better for the price range?

liaowcellphoneshop.com
cect-shop.com
oppomart.com
honorbuy.com

It is pretty good. See for yourself: http://www.gsmarena.com/meizu_mx4_pro-review-1196p3.php

If you get the 16GB version for ~200 bucks, no, there is not.

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #2,058 of 7,916

maxjstern,

Tidal is capable to play offline content that has been saved offline, but only via Tidal app player.
I was not able to locate any of the files in File Manager on the V10...so I'm unsure if it is possible.

Was expecting something like that. It is very unfortunate.
Thanks for your answer; if you allow, one other question: Does the Tidal player import the songs out of Tidal, too(ripped CDs for example)?
Or do I have to use seperate players to listen to the different music "catalogues"?

Feb 15, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #2,062 of 7,916

Was expecting something like that. It is very unfortunate.
Thanks for your answer; if you allow, one other question: Does the Tidal player import the songs out of Tidal, too(ripped CDs for example)?
Or do I have to use seperate players to listen to the different music "catalogues"?

Tidal only works within its own app/player.
Same as Spotify.

It would be too easy to just to download all your desired content from Tidal and then discontinue their use afterwards...

I use PowerAmp Alpha Player for my internal audio with the Hi-Fi DAC Fix app.

Feb 15, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #2,063 of 7,916
they only have the 32 gb version which is a little pricey for me. can they ship to china or india?

Unfortunately not ! Try Amazon India or Ebay but beware of scammers :grinning:

Edit : I just saw this

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Meizu-MX4-LTE-MediaTek-6595-Octa-core-5-36-1920-x-1152-2-16GB-20MP/311331_2035084114.html

Feb 16, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #2,065 of 7,916
i heard mx4 pro has some stereo crosstalk? what is that? is it some type of static? how about pro 5, does it have stereo crosstalk?

In basic terms, the more stereo crosstalk, the narrower the soundstage and the less of a stereo effect.

Stereo crosstalk is the L channel bleeding into R one and vice versa.

But it has to be pretty bad to be noticeable.

EDIT: okay, I came back after some reading..

MX4 Pro has -47.2dB stereo crosstalk. Not at all representative value, but by itself, apparently it just about doesn't degrade the quality of output at all. It has to be below -40dB or so to get into perceivable by ears territory.
Stereo crosstalk value often serves as a representative value for the quality of the DAC, but again, by itself it doesn't affect the SQ unless it's really really bad (Oppo Find 7a bad).

Feb 17, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #2,067 of 7,916
I'm more interested in the Note 6. They should be very close spec wise. I'm going to research more and see if there is anything regarding the DAC.

http://www.igalaxys7.com/samsung-galaxy-note-6-specs-price-release-date/

Feb 17, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #2,068 of 7,916
I'm more interested in the Note 6. They should be very close spec wise. I'm going to research more and see if there is anything regarding the DAC.

http://www.igalaxys7.com/samsung-galaxy-note-6-specs-price-release-date/

The Dac shall be one of the latest mobile versions from Wolfson...or Cirrus at best. That would surprise me if Sammy starts using ESS or AKM.

Stability is Samsung's motto ! They won't use anything that might alter the performances. ESS and AKM use a lot of ressources, that's a reason why the LG V10 use the midrange power saving dac S808 instead of the beefier flagship S810.

Feb 17, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #2,070 of 7,916
In basic terms, the more stereo crosstalk, the narrower the soundstage and the less of a stereo effect.

Stereo crosstalk is the L channel bleeding into R one and vice versa.

But it has to be pretty bad to be noticeable.

EDIT: okay, I came back after some reading..

MX4 Pro has -47.2dB stereo crosstalk. Not at all representative value, but by itself, apparently it just about doesn't degrade the quality of output at all. It has to be below -40dB or so to get into perceivable by ears territory.
Stereo crosstalk value often serves as a representative value for the quality of the DAC, but again, by itself it doesn't affect the SQ unless it's really really bad (Oppo Find 7a bad).

Interesting tidbit to know! I always judged if stereo crosstalk wasn't above 80 it wasnt "audiophile" quality... my ignorant ass ...

Have anything interesting about  as well? :
Frequency responseNoise levelDynamic rangeTHDIMD + NoiseStereo crosstalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back