Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #46 of 7,916
best phone for an audiophile?

the phone that doesnt have a headphone out socket.

X2. I would suggest an android phone that supports usb otg audio. The sound straight from an I9505 SGS4 is pretty good however otg audio will bypass the internal dac and amp and send a digital signal to a compatible dac/amp.

I need to know: What cable to connect galaxy S3 to Leckerton UHA-6S MKII. THE Leckerton has inputs micro USB; but I can't find such a thing. There are optical and coax inputs as well. I would think Micro USB, being the simplest, would be best for on the go portability. Any thoughts on methods, type, and some links would be really appreciated. Primary phones are Denons with Lawton mods.

You need a otg micro to micro cable. Hakshop sells one as does ttvj and Forza audioworks does as well. Hakshop is by far the cheapest.

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #47 of 7,916
Quote:
X2. I would suggest an android phone that supports usb otg audio. The sound straight from an I9505 SGS4 is pretty good however otg audio will bypass the internal dac and amp and send a digital signal to a compatible dac/amp.
You need a otg micro to micro cable. Hakshop sells one as does ttvj and Forza audioworks does as well. Hakshop is by far the cheapest.

well really what i meant was a phone is a convergence device, audio is never going to be its primary focus and i d question weather an "audiophile" should ever use such a device.

its like asking which pair of sandals are best for hill walking.

the question should be more which is the least bad.

Sep 9, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #51 of 7,916
Id go with the Htc One, it powers my JVC FXZ200's fine and those take a bit of juice, id doubt my previous phone a galaxy nexus could manage such a feat. The htc would be a lot more flexible because of it's amp section, so there would be less of a need to lug an amp around.

It supports usb otg perfectly fine, certainly worked with my Fiio E7 and my usb pen drive.

Sep 10, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #52 of 7,916
Thanks Huxley. It is already well established that HTC One got the loudest speakers for smart phones.
BTW, let us not discuss usb otg on this thread, as I'm interested only in features that are without the need of lugging extra things.
Questions:
1) Have you had a chance to compare the loudness of your in-ear between HTC One and lets say Iphone 4S/5?
2) Do you think loudness and quality is the same in HTC One and HTC One Mini?

Sep 10, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #54 of 7,916
I use the HTC one with shure se215s and they sound decent. The highs are harsh on bachata if I have the volume too high and beats enabled. I would recommend not using beats audio with inner ears because the v shaped sound eq will kill your ears.

Nov 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #55 of 7,916
Lets follow the thread with updates.
What is the people's opinion about the headphone (and speakerphone) sound of Samsung S4 Mini, HTC One mini, as well as Iphone 5C/S?

There is a number of 'big' smartphones that are known for a good sound, such as Samsung Note, S4 and HTC One. However, what is the smaller smartphone in your opinion that produces the best quality sound without utg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back