Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #6,421 of 7,916
Thanks,its such a shame lemax 2 is inferior in terms of sound compared to lemax.What was leeco thinking?

In my opinion they did what was easier, not as many people care about high fidelity as those who just want to hear the music or loud music, most people don't have Flac files or even care since mostly everyone just stream music so they save money by not buying the hi-fi components and save time in engineering and probably tuning those components to sound good and be efficient with battery etc, from a business standpoint they and many other companies made the right call.....even HTC has dropped the headphone jack and rumors state the new galaxy line will follow.

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #6,422 of 7,916
In my opinion they did what was easier, not as many people care about high fidelity as those who just want to hear the music or loud music, most people don't have Flac files or even care since mostly everyone just stream music so they save money by not buying the hi-fi components and save time in engineering and probably tuning those components to sound good and be efficient with battery etc, from a business standpoint they and many other companies made the right call.....even HTC has dropped the headphone jack and rumors state the new galaxy line will follow.

But people seem to care about headphone jack and now more and more companies are putting hifi chips in smartphones.Samsung might put Harman kardon in next galaxy s8.

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #6,423 of 7,916
But people seem to care about headphone jack and now more and more companies are putting hifi chips in smartphones.Samsung might put Harman kardon in next galaxy s8.

This is true but it's not really the hi-fi mostly its because they are used to the jack already, already spent money on headphones and don't want to use a dongle, I wouldn't say more companies as currently i think it's only the LG V series, HTC 10, Alcatel Idol and ZTE Axon in the US (correct me if I forgot any) with dedicated Hi-fi setups, there are a lot of international devices with hi-fi setups but most are budget devices that either sound average or haven't been tested and the rest have already been doing that for the past couple years like Meizu and Vivo, I hope the jack stays but Harmon Kardon sounds more like just tuning something along the lines of Beats or B&O on many devices but hopefully I'm wrong.

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #6,424 of 7,916
This is true but it's not really the hi-fi mostly its because they are used to the jack already, already spent money on headphones and don't want to use a dongle, I wouldn't say more companies as currently i think it's only the LG V series, HTC 10, Alcatel Idol and ZTE Axon in the US (correct me if I forgot any) with dedicated Hi-fi setups, there are a lot of international devices with hi-fi setups but most are budget devices that either sound average or haven't been tested and the rest have already been doing that for the past couple years like Meizu and Vivo, I hope the jack stays but Harmon Kardon sounds more like just tuning something along the lines of Beats or B&O on many devices but hopefully I'm wrong.

Yes but the trend of hifi smartphones is growing not declining.

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #6,427 of 7,916
Trend of putting HIFI audio in smartphone is just 2 years old.Before it there were no smartphone with good audio hardware except for htc maybe.So it has to grow its quite new thing.

Well there was Vivo since 2012 I belive but you are right there was a big rise in 2015 but a slight decline in 2016 and 2017 isn't looking good with HTC dropping out, if you decide to get either Axon PM me for some simple tricks and settings I got mine sounding awesome on current firmware even increased the soundstage a bit

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #6,428 of 7,916
Well there was Vivo since 2012 I belive but you are right there was a big rise in 2015 but a slight decline in 2016 and 2017 isn't looking good with HTC dropping out, if you decide to get either Axon PM me for some simple tricks and settings I got mine sounding awesome on current firmware even increased the soundstage a bit

I am confused between a budget DAP and a budget smartphone like axon 7 mini?I dont know if axon 7 mini sound comparable to DAPs of similar price like xduoo x3 or fiio x3 2nd.

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #6,429 of 7,916
Having bought one and using it for more than a month now. I can not compare it to a dap in same price range but, when it comes to sound quality it is right up there with the best possible, it all depends on whether or not you like its sound signature, though that also changes with headphones, compared it to the big axon 7, iphone 6 and s7 edge , it has way more detailed and precise sound than either of them

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #6,430 of 7,916
This looks promising though it is hard to find and not sure if it will be compatible with current LTE bands.

http://www.jp.onkyo.com/audiovisual/smartphone/granbeat/

Jan 26, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #6,431 of 7,916
I am confused between a budget DAP and a budget smartphone like axon 7 mini?I dont know if axon 7 mini sound comparable to DAPs of similar price like xduoo x3 or fiio x3 2nd.

I've haven't used a DAP since Cowon D2 back in the day, having a device that does it all is much more worth it for me even if the SQ isn't up to par which a lot of phones these days are outperforming some DAPs according to those who own both, these phones you are interested in perform very well and they get pretty loud and one of the reasons I like the Axon is the battery life....A few tweaks like location off etc I unplug from the charger before I go to bed, go to first job at 5am, get back home around 6pm with 70 percent more or less with moderate mixed use (no social media) and lots of streaming

Jan 26, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #6,435 of 7,916
  Trend of putting HIFI audio in smartphone is just 2 years old.Before it there were no smartphone with good audio hardware except for htc maybe.So it has to grow its quite new thing.

trends in smartphones change very rapidly...2 years is a life's time in smartphone market.

hifi is the hot game of 2015.
in 2016, everyone is fighting on fingerprint and dual camera, hifi is forgoten.
in 2017 we can expect curved oled, zoom dual cam to be the buzz word.

after iphone 7, i bet headphone vendors will include dac in their new products as a common practice, and smartphone vendors are less motivated to include 3.5mm jack anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back