Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #5,701 of 7,916
So my friend just did a side by side comparison with his Axon 7 and LG v10 and he prefers the Axon way more, bear in mind that's his personal listening experience after owning the v10 for over a year.....he says theres no HIFI toggle only a Dolby Option but the DAC appears to work with all apps including the Poweramp Alpha 704 I sent to him, bear in mind the this is not high gain mode on the v10 because he has a pair of Grado sr60s and a pair of Master and Dynamic in ears, he said it's more dynamic and incredibly loud with Poweramp....the pics below show what he described as "ear splitting" also keep in mind that the "volume leveler" setting in Dolby skyrockets the volume levels but he's basically just showing off the settings so you guys have an idea.

with dolby enabled, there's not much hifi sound quality to talk about...
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #5,702 of 7,916
with dolby enabled, there's not much hifi sound quality to talk about...:wink:

Couldnt agree more haha. I was actually reluctant to say this lol.

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #5,705 of 7,916
Dec 4, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #5,707 of 7,916
Yeah true
smily_headphones1.gif
but dolby atmos sounds absolutely great with external stereo speakers in my Lenovo X3 Lite (k51c78)

We don't argue about better in movie/speaker. But nowhere better for music listening (audiophile as the thread name).

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #5,709 of 7,916
  Mhm ok thanks for that I will keep that in mind.
Would you recommend the Axon 7? There are a lot of mixed opinions.

If you want SD820 and nicer speaker, you should.

But if you use it as DAP, I don't recommend much. Treble part is very terrible (testing with 64 audio U12)

But let's read others opinion also. But that is what I tested.

Dec 4, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #5,711 of 7,916
there are many refurbished LG V10 in the market (at least in china), which is a good choice for low budget hifi smartphone.
V10 has great audio, great camera, great screen, great durability and great software support.
the only shortcoming is the snapdragon 808 which has almost as much thermal problem as 810.

Dec 4, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #5,712 of 7,916
with dolby enabled, there's not much hifi sound quality to talk about...:wink:

He only turned Dolby on to send the screenshot to me so those who are considering the device will have an idea the options available he listens with Dolby off, on my x800 US Dolby in on by default since the HIFI toggle is bypassed in the ROM LeEco provided to us, when I toggle HIFI on the sound becomes thin and bass is rolled off and volume drops slightly so by default I listen with HIFI off which enables Dolby audio service by default, that is different from the x900 I believe which has a separate Dolby switch and it's maybe not audiophile but preset by LeEco it sounds fantastic to me :wink:

Dec 4, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #5,713 of 7,916
If you want SD820 and nicer speaker, you should.

But if you use it as DAP, I don't recommend much. Treble part is very terrible (testing with 64 audio U12)

But let's read others opinion also. But that is what I tested.

Do you think you could maybe retest for us one day? I don't have any test equipment and apparently ZTE has cleaned up a lot of things with the latest updates including the audio, a lot of manufactures like HTC and ZTE are tuning for more "exciting" sound which I guess I can understand since most consumers jut want that loud club experience

Dec 4, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #5,714 of 7,916
there are many refurbished LG V10 in the market (at least in china), which is a good choice for low budget hifi smartphone.
V10 has great audio, great camera, great screen, great durability and great software support.
the only shortcoming is the snapdragon 808 which has almost as much thermal problem as 810.

Eio you are correct but please be careful as that device has a boot looping issue, many of my customers had to do warranty exchanges because of this and the warranty through LG is one year so I doubt a used one will have any type of warranty, i was looking into maybe repairing one but it is a hardware issue apparently caused by a section of the motherboard melting ( don't quote me on this) that why my friend had to order the Axon

Dec 4, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #5,715 of 7,916
Do you think you could maybe retest for us one day? I don't have any test equipment and apparently ZTE has cleaned up a lot of things with the latest updates including the audio, a lot of manufactures like HTC and ZTE are tuning for more "exciting" sound which I guess I can understand since most consumers jut want that loud club experience

Ok i will go retest tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back