Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #5,687 of 7,916
Free is good.:blush:
What happens if you have a problem with the phone?
Right now the exchange rate is about 1.35, plus the charge card will at least a point or two. Plus we have a 15% sales tax here. Are there charges due on delivery?
Any certain companies that you recommend?

Thanks for your info!

Shane D

No you just search what you want and see which seller get 4-5 star feedback with 100+ orders. You can trust as first barrier. Then if you found defect after you get, then you contact seller and find carrier to send to them for fixing and sending to you back later. But trust me these phones are not vunerable if you not drop test or swim with it. :D

I order 300$ letv max with no custom tax, I have to pay only 20 "cent" for shipping from postal center to my house.

Dec 3, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #5,688 of 7,916
Check out the Meizu Pro 6 Plus in the meantime looks great and the rumored price starting price is pretty good

https://www.google.com/amp/www.itechpost.com/amp/articles/60265/20161130/meizu-m3x-pro-6-plus-specs-features-price.htm

Nice looking but not cheap. Anything with a starting price over US$400.00, before added costs is not cheap to me.

I am going to have to have a look at the revised chart on my desk top. I hope to hear back Xiaomi. Their website shows two contacts and I wrote to their American section.

Shane D

Dec 3, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #5,689 of 7,916
Anybody on here buy through GearBest? I like the idea of American warehouses and some of the prices look pretty good.

Shane D

I think they're a sponsor on here. Or else just in my advertising stream.

Dec 3, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #5,690 of 7,916
So my friend just did a side by side comparison with his Axon 7 and LG v10 and he prefers the Axon way more, bear in mind that's his personal listening experience after owning the v10 for over a year.....he says theres no HIFI toggle only a Dolby Option but the DAC appears to work with all apps including the Poweramp Alpha 704 I sent to him, bear in mind the this is not high gain mode on the v10 because he has a pair of Grado sr60s and a pair of Master and Dynamic in ears, he said it's more dynamic and incredibly loud with Poweramp....the pics below show what he described as "ear splitting" also keep in mind that the "volume leveler" setting in Dolby skyrockets the volume levels but he's basically just showing off the settings so you guys have an idea.

Dec 3, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #5,691 of 7,916
To those who want vivo xplay6. So you can know how much piggybank you need to break estimately.

Dec 3, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #5,694 of 7,916
I will go get opus 1 or AK70 for this price haha.

Exactly lol I think for me now it's down to two choices the Axon 7, Axon 7 mini which is said to be better than the regular or the Pro 6 Plus though I'm leaning towards the Axon, as for the xplay 6 I don't think I will ever invest that much into a phone regardless of how good it is but maybe one day the price will drop, you were completely right when you told me to save money by not getting the x900 since I already own the x800

Dec 3, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #5,695 of 7,916
So my friend just did a side by side comparison with his Axon 7 and LG v10 and he prefers the Axon way more, bear in mind that's his personal listening experience after owning the v10 for over a year.....he says theres no HIFI toggle only a Dolby Option but the DAC appears to work with all apps including the Poweramp Alpha 704 I sent to him, bear in mind the this is not high gain mode on the v10 because he has a pair of Grado sr60s and a pair of Master and Dynamic in ears, he said it's more dynamic and incredibly loud with Poweramp....the pics below show what he described as "ear splitting" also keep in mind that the "volume leveler" setting in Dolby skyrockets the volume levels but he's basically just showing off the settings so you guys have an idea.

Looks good. I REALLY hope we get a big version of that in Canada.

Shane D

Dec 3, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #5,696 of 7,916
Anybody on here buy through GearBest? I like the idea of American warehouses and some of the prices look pretty good.

Shane D

Ive bought two phones there, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. I dont recomend it since you can find cheaper prices on Aliexpress, and because they DHL and they charge customs and taxes. I paid about $65 CAD just for taxes, not worth it. Use Aliexpress.

EDIT: Also because they install vendor ROMs

Dec 3, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #5,697 of 7,916
Ive bought two phones there, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. I dont recomend it since you can find cheaper prices on Aliexpress, and because they DHL and they charge customs and taxes. I paid about $65 CAD just for taxes, not worth it. Use Aliexpress.

EDIT: Also because they install vendor ROMs

Looking at your chart I think my choice would be for the big Axon 7, especially if I could buy from a Canadian dealer.

What do you mean about installing vendor ROM'S?

Shane D

Dec 3, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #5,698 of 7,916

Shane D

I have bought from Gearbest many times.  Good outfit.  Never had a problem.  Expect 2 to 4 week delivery on average.   They have some great deals at times.   

Dec 3, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #5,700 of 7,916
Vendor ROMs are not official, they add unofficial languages that are not available in the official ROM, they are very buggy and often come with adware.

Thanks for the heads up.

Shane D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back