Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #3,601 of 7,916
Can anyone comment on the SQ for the Moto G4 Plus?

I'll be selling my Xperia Z5 (SQ is excellent) because I need the dual micro SIM capability of the Moto. Ordered the Moto today so I'll report back with my findings.

Jul 24, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #3,602 of 7,916
Of course you can compare, also on a open forum :). Smartphones are getting better and better and several compete with mid tier daps. Those who don't believe that, well up to them :grinning:.

I am enjoying my HTC 10 and LG V10 and don't want/need a dap/dac.

Really impressive...at least there are still people who understand this.

Thanks for quick reply.
Mi Note Pro is interesting device but it is over my budget(more than 100$ bigger price than Redmi Note 3 Pro) and... even bigger screen size  than Redmi Note 3 Pro.

Letv is very hard (even impossible) to get in my country.

Are you able to compare Redmi Note 3 Pro to any of the DAPs on my list? I like most of them but Sony A15 is kinda magic(in terms of sound) to me but... I don't use it very often anymore, so I'm trying to replace it with smartphone. I also own Lumia 640 Lte and it isn't bad( better than my old HTC 8X) but not as good as Sony A15. Maybe better than Sansa's and Fiio X1 but not as good as other DAP's from my list.

p.s.
Another good thing in Redmi series is battery life which is very important to me.

Answer this question, for me redmi note 3 pro is between fiio x1 and fiio x3ii. TBH.

Jul 24, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #3,603 of 7,916
@artpiggo. I think you edited your post or maybe I just misunderstood you. :blush:

But anyway I don't understand this smartphone vs dap "problem". You seems to know a lot about smartphones and daps, we should all benefit from that so please don't keep it only to pm :blush:.

Jul 24, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #3,604 of 7,916
@artpiggo. I think you edited your post or maybe I just misunderstood you. :blush:

But anyway I don't understand this smartphone vs dap "problem". You seems to know a lot about smartphones and daps, we should all benefit from that so please don't keep it only to pm :blush:.

Personally I find the dap vs smartphones comapirson to be ridiculus. The first mp3 players that hit the market and sold well had seriously crappy sound, so I honestly don't see a dap as a positive. Still that doesn't mean things havent become better, just as phones have become better. That said when buying something specifically made for one purpuse you will often (not allways) get better quality. So by the simple fact that expensive DAPs exist they will have better sound. It's sort of an unfair comparison really if you consider the budget for audio parts in phones are only a fraction of what it would be with a DAP.

Anyway... I havent really used a DAP since I got my first proper smartphone, it's just inconvenient to carry two things (and if I first do that then I might as well just carry a small dac that has the sole purpose of enhancing sound rather than all the other stff a DAP needs).

Jul 24, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #3,605 of 7,916
I have several phones, and over the past year or so have had several DAPs and DACs, and multi thousand dollar IEMs and budget ones too, but for musical ENJOYMENT, I'm more than happy with the G5,module and soundmagiv E80, Happy days

Jul 24, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #3,606 of 7,916
My Moto x 2014 sounds decent to my ears on its own, but I'm not an experienced audiophile, so I trust the not very stellar reviews from other people and decided to get a DAC/amp for it since I love the rest of the phone. It's a bit inconvenient to carry them together but at least I know I'm getting better sound than before.

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #3,608 of 7,916
So I'm choosing between LG G3, Samsung Note 3 and Xiaomi Note 3 (SD650 version). Can someone tell me which one of these has the best audio quality?

SQ, i choose xiaomi and it also has good rom and spec all is good. :)

Any way how much budget you have, i then can give more choices.

@stenog thanks for nice comment!

@2jono thanks for mindpower!

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #3,609 of 7,916
Ok, thanks again.
So, I assume Note 3 Pro is rather on the warmer side - haven't heard any of the X3 series but X1 isn't very neutral for me.
How about Redmi 3 Pro, is it much worse than Note 3 Pro in terms of sound?

I don't know for sure, but I assume than any of those devices have dedicated DAC and audio process runs through Snapdragon.

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #3,610 of 7,916
I still like my Snapdragon 800 Note 3

I find very little difference when using my Fiio E17k

and it sounds as good to me as the various Ipads in the house - including and Ipad 3, 4, and an Air 2 ....

Jul 24, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #3,611 of 7,916
I have several phones, and over the past year or so have had several DAPs and DACs, and multi thousand dollar IEMs and budget ones too, but for musical ENJOYMENT, I'm more than happy with the G5,module and soundmagiv E80, Happy days

I am literally dying without the module. I had to order another one, and I found a great deal on one but it is being shipped from Israel and is taking 17 business days. I'm dying without it! I miss it that much! Glad yours is still providing lots of joy. I sure wish the G5 would get more attention. 

-Collin-

Jul 24, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #3,612 of 7,916
I am literally dying without the module. I had to order another one, and I found a great deal on one but it is being shipped from Israel and is taking 17 business days. I'm dying without it! I miss it that much! Glad yours is still providing lots of joy. I sure wish the G5 would get more attention. 

-Collin-

Hey SeeSax, have you ever tried the HTC 10? I'm trying to get people's opinion who have tried both. I know I have to get rid of one of these phines but they both sound great in their own way. When I think I've made up my mind and decide to sell one, I get cold feet and change my mind. My wife thinks I'm crazy lol.

Jul 24, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #3,613 of 7,916
Hey SeeSax, have you ever tried the HTC 10? I'm trying to get people's opinion who have tried both. I know I have to get rid of one of these phines but they both sound great in their own way. When I think I've made up my mind and decide to sell one, I get cold feet and change my mind. My wife thinks I'm crazy lol.

While I love the HTC 10, I think the G5 outclassed it as an actual phone. I like the camera better, I like the screen better and I like the audio quality better with the B&O module than the HTC 10. They're both great, but for me the G5 simply checked more boxes. 

-Collin-

Jul 24, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #3,614 of 7,916
I have the Letv Le1 Pro US version loaded with the 14S US version firmware and there is no problem with turning on hifi mode.

I can confirm that once I have this phone I am now listening to music on this rather than on the iBasso DX90. It's that good! The only problem is that there are no dedicated buttons on the phone like <<,||/>, >> on the DAP. So anytime I need pause or skip a song I have to turn turn the phone screen back on.

I have a new information regarding Letv Le Pro which I once said that US version SQ is worse than Chinese version

This is because the stock rom has a "Hifi bug" that makes hifi unable even turning on in setting.

Here is the link for new Firmware that will enable HIFI everywhere: http://forum.xda-developers.com/leeco-le1-pro/development/leeco-le1-pro-stock-rom-official-t3417700

The sound is now so nearly Letv Max already.

I would rank this smartphone as highest pound per pound in term of audiophile and overall spec compared to its price...

So if anyone would like to use this one as music streaming listening, this would be great as well.

BTW, once this rom is generated, now aliexpress store increases price of this US version smartphone by $10-20 also. 

Jul 24, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #3,615 of 7,916
I have the Letv Le1 Pro US version loaded with the 14S US version firmware and there is no problem with turning on hifi mode.

I can confirm that once I have this phone I am now listening to music on this rather than on the iBasso DX90. It's that good! The only problem is that there are no dedicated buttons on the phone like <<,||/>, >> on the DAP. So anytime I need pause or skip a song I have to turn turn the phone screen back on.

You know what. You are not the only one. I am using letv max and everyday I use ak240 less and less and now the dust is so thick on it haha. I might consider selling it once ibasso dx200 is ready lol since i am now a tidal and music streaming user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back