Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Apr 15, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #2,311 of 5,168
Guess the good audio mobile phones and good overall other areas of phone don't go together now. Lg G8 is a bad decision with that notch and the least update. Vivo is still there.

I guess i have to go with buy a regular phone like OnePlus or Honor or Asus (Zenfone 6) and pair it with Shanling M0

Apr 17, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #2,314 of 5,168
Hi,
I am retiring my HTC10, have looked at the chart but not sure which Vivo I should get...

I want the best transparency / imaging. I only listen to Classical so heavy, bassy beats are not important, I prefer a detailed high end.

I will be using the headphone jack with high quality IEMs.

But I don't see much talk about the new Vivo with A4377, or if it is better than previous models. Which is the best model for me?

Apr 17, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #2,315 of 5,168
Hi,
I am retiring my HTC10, have looked at the chart but not sure which Vivo I should get...

I want the best transparency / imaging. I only listen to Classical so heavy, bassy beats are not important, I prefer a detailed high end.

But I don't see much talk about the new Vivo with A4377, or if it is better than previous models. Which is the best model for me?

I think lg G or V series sound signature suits you more. Or Shanling M0 connected to any phone via Bluetooth. Am moving away or dropping the concept of taking phone for audio purposes because music phones now sucks at other things like OS or updates and good all rounder phones sucks at music.

Apr 17, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #2,316 of 5,168
Hi,

If you want vivo, go vivo nex2 for your genre.

But lg v30,g7 is also good for your genre.

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #2,317 of 5,168
I think lg G or V series sound signature suits you more. Or Shanling M0 connected to any phone via Bluetooth. Am moving away or dropping the concept of taking phone for audio purposes because music phones now sucks at other things like OS or updates and good all rounder phones sucks at music.

If you want vivo, go vivo nex2 for your genre.

But lg v30,g7 is also good for your genre.

I think I will go for the v30 then, it suits my signature and is pretty cheap. The v30 also has a bigger battery than the G7, which could prove useful. Thank you for your helpful responses!

Apr 18, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #2,319 of 5,168

does the lg v30+ sound quality really only comparable to a shanling m0?

Apr 19, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #2,323 of 5,168
Hi guys!
I'd like to have a phone with a warm signature, and there is a possibility to buy a refurbished mx4 pro or pro 5.

Read in this thread that mx4 pro is best in terms of mids. But how is it compared to pro 5 in bass? Is it as smooth and warm?
Pro 5 costs almost twice as much btw.

I listen to soul, r&b, electronic music, downtempo.

Would highly appreciate any opinions :)

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #2,324 of 5,168
welp, i think its better for me to buy a dap then, anyone here tried xduoo x20? im eyeing on that one for a while, I currently have a zishan z3 + v5id but i wanted an upgrade around 250 bucks.

why not fiio M7?

Apr 19, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #2,325 of 5,168
Hi guys!
I'd like to have a phone with a warm signature, and there is a possibility to buy a refurbished mx4 pro or pro 5.

Read in this thread that mx4 pro is best in terms of mids. But how is it compared to pro 5 in bass? Is it as smooth and warm?
Pro 5 costs almost twice as much btw.

I listen to soul, r&b, electronic music, downtempo.

Would highly appreciate any opinions :)

mx4 pro has fuller mid than pro 5 but pro 5 does have better sub bass extension. Both are smooth and warm while pro 5 is just a little less warm.

However, I would like you to consider vivo xplay6 for the genre. I mean lookin' at your choice of music, I wanna recommend vivo xplay 6 as an end-game device. I mean for this type of music, I cannot recommend any better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back