Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Apr 6, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #2,282 of 5,166
Hello, guys. Here is two most popular advice - LG and Vivo. These phones are rather old and there's no new models on the market. What about new devices (2018-2019)? I need something about 500 - 1000$. Could you recommend me something interesting?

LG and vivo have new gen. I dont know if you read in my smartphone table yet?

LG has V40,G8
Vivo has Nex S and Nex Dual, X23,27

Apr 7, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #2,283 of 5,166
For those interested in using Bluetooth dacs, please check for important Bluetooth v5.0 key implementations

details and app here
https://www.xda-developers.com/check-bluetooth-5-all-features-supported/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.nordicsemi.android.mcp

Would be interesting to know how Radsone ES100 and Shanling UP2 perform without these key implementation of Bluetooth 5.0 on the phone

Does LG and Vivo support these features? The handphone can still be advertised as Bluetooth 5.0 compliant without implementing these key features

LE 2M
LE Coded
Extended Advertising

Screenshot_20190325-233228_nRF-Connect-1.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #2,284 of 5,166
For those interested in using Bluetooth dacs, please check for important Bluetooth v5.0 key implementations

details and app here
https://www.xda-developers.com/check-bluetooth-5-all-features-supported/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.nordicsemi.android.mcp

Would be interesting to know how Radsone ES100 and Shanling UP2 perform without these key implementation of Bluetooth 5.0 on the phone

Does LG and Vivo support these features? The handphone can still be advertised as Bluetooth 5.0 compliant without implementing these key features

LE 2M
LE Coded
Extended Advertising

Screenshot_20190325-233228_nRF-Connect-1.jpg

These are irrelevant to our purposes. The first two phys effect range when using ble (low energy) and the third allows a device to send more information about itself when interfacing with other devices, so think advertising beacons, etc.

Apr 9, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #2,285 of 5,166
How can I check the BT audio quality? Using Mi 5s with LG G6 earbuds, but want to jump to Mi 6 128/6GB + Meizu EP52. I like smaller devices and Mi 6 has great support in XDA Forum.

Apr 9, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #2,286 of 5,166
I read through here and got very little information.
I recently got a Pixel 3 128gb which is a pretty great phone (especially camerawise). Coming from a Sony Xperia XZ1 I miss a lot of deep bass ("oomph") through my headphones.
My Sony XZ1 was used with KZ ATE and Westone UM30 pro, I used a little equalizer just to get some extra bass through (using the ClearBass).
All in all the P3 sounds fine to me, but it really lacks the deep bass. Maybe it's due to the provided USB-C to 3.5mm adapter? Could my problem be solved with switching the adapter?

Apr 9, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #2,287 of 5,166
I read through here and got very little information.
I recently got a Pixel 3 128gb which is a pretty great phone (especially camerawise). Coming from a Sony Xperia XZ1 I miss a lot of deep bass ("oomph") through my headphones.
My Sony XZ1 was used with KZ ATE and Westone UM30 pro, I used a little equalizer just to get some extra bass through (using the ClearBass).
All in all the P3 sounds fine to me, but it really lacks the deep bass. Maybe it's due to the provided USB-C to 3.5mm adapter? Could my problem be solved with switching the adapter?

HTC adapter might help.

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #2,288 of 5,166
Some info on Huawei HWA/LHDC phones
Obviously, the high end P series and Mate series is supported, selected models only. Below are the cheaper Nova series models

Nova 4
Nova 4e
Nova 3
Nova 3i (cheapest, best value)
Huawei P Smart+ Plus (Europe' Nova 3i)

Note the official Huawei consumer site on some countries may NOT list HWA/LHDC is supported but it is for these models. I crossed referenced the models to China site. Higher end P & Mate models support *both* HWA/LHDC and Sony LDAC.

Eyeing the Nova 3i now, small battery 3340mAh but taobao is selling a charging case with 20000mAh battery built-in. Just slip on and charge like a power bank, as you use normally.

How am I going to live without root Magisk on this phone? Maybe someone can make a magisk module with HWA/LHDC, all Android phones can use the BT codec. Maybe people should ask for this at XDA or 4pda.ru

EDIT: TaiChi framework can load some xposed modules in non-root mode

Right now the Fiio music app can emulate HWA/LHDC on any phone (leave it running in background) but it's not stable.

EDIT: mini review of Mate 20 Pro and Huawei Freebuds/Flybuds2, both support HWA/LHDC

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #2,289 of 5,166
How can I check the BT audio quality? Using Mi 5s with LG G6 earbuds, but want to jump to Mi 6 128/6GB + Meizu EP52. I like smaller devices and Mi 6 has great support in XDA Forum.
I'm using Mi6 with LDAC and Shanling M0. As Android supports LDAC, just make sure your BT device supports it too.
About quality, I'm not sure what's the question.

Apr 10, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #2,290 of 5,166
I'm using Mi6 with LDAC and Shanling M0. As Android supports LDAC, just make sure your BT device supports it too.
About quality, I'm not sure what's the question.

Then it would be better just get a good BT DAP and use whatever IEM please me, right?
Thank you for your help.

Apr 11, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #2,293 of 5,166
From the makers of LHDC (Huawei's HWA) , SAVITECH Corp. Hi-res Bluetooth player app.

Note playing some files may crash the app, coz it allows playing hi-res music without downsampling. Bluetooth LHDC device (speaker/headphones) required.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Hi-Res_BT_Player_20190411-235217.png
    Screenshot_Hi-Res_BT_Player_20190411-235217.png
    193.7 KB · Views: 0
Apr 11, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #2,294 of 5,166
Hello to everyone. I have a 3 years old ZTE axon 7 mini, I love this phone specially for its sound capabilities but it is time to change...I´m looking for a very high audiophile, mainly I listen into music with headphones but I love two good stereo front speakers too, What do youy think could be the best option?
Thnk you very much in adavance.

Apr 11, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #2,295 of 5,166
Hello to everyone. I have a 3 years old ZTE axon 7 mini, I love this phone specially for its sound capabilities but it is time to change...I´m looking for a very high audiophile, mainly I listen into music with headphones but I love two good stereo front speakers too, What do youy think could be the best option?
Thnk you very much in adavance.

Vivo Nex S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back