Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Sep 13, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #1,892 of 5,166
I have tried Bongiovi plugin with my S7 with Exynos - the sound became AMAZING. I got a custom ROM with Dolby Atmos, and the sound was just not good. It's a miracle how Bongiovi DSP managed to bring high quality sound out of not-so-good S7's DAC.
People who got here smartphones with good quality DACs please try it and let me know your opinion. In order to do it download jetaudio in play store and switch on Bongiovi in Sound Effects. Now, Bongiovi got many profiles, my favorite profile is called "Phoenix Headphones" please select it for your initial try because the profiles absolutely change the music. If you don't say WoW after 10 seconds, try few other profiles. Hope this tip will be helpful.
BTW: Bongiovi profile is not free, it costs a few dollars. But it's the only in-app purchase I did in 3 years on Android. Without purchase you can listen to it for 10-20 seconds, once you see the blue sign of it faded back it means it deactivated. So you press it again to get more 10-20 seconds. This is the way to test whether you actually like it.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #1,894 of 5,166
S7 exynos is not bad with iems.what headphones do you use? S7 amp is weak but sound is clear .
Still use it sometimes with my ie8 .
I actually liked the sound out of the exynos s7, Better than my Qualcom S8. I thought it was clear as well. Exynos had the Cirrus logic chip I believe, not sure what's in my S8.

I only use iems with small devices like smartphones.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #1,895 of 5,166
I actually liked the sound out of the exynos s7, Better than my Qualcom S8. I thought it was clear as well. Exynos had the Cirrus logic chip I believe, not sure what's in my S8.

I only use iems with small devices like smartphones.
Lucky... something if i remember correctly is the dac dont know if it is cirrus logic. There is an app samsung info or something like that that mentions it. When i get home ill get a look

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #1,902 of 5,166
Do you find any benifit of MQA.. only lg phones have it atm and if we get vivo or any other brand then no MQA for us.

PS: I am planning to use Tidal exclusively in future.
I find some recordings sound more resolute, others I can hear no difference. I like to check out TIDAL Masters: New Arrivals. Much of it I find ordinary, but do I find some "new to me" gems. I wish TIDAL would make it easier to identify MQA material without having to actually start the selection. Perhaps I am missing something and someone here can help me. A significant portion of so-called high end listeners are very excited by Qobuz entry to USA. I tried it and many of my albums and songs did not transfer when using Soundiz. I am led to believe that I can install many of that material by searching for it individually. That would take time. Still diggin' the LG GS7.

Sep 15, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #1,903 of 5,166
I find some recordings sound more resolute, others I can hear no difference. I like to check out TIDAL Masters: New Arrivals. Much of it I find ordinary, but do I find some "new to me" gems. I wish TIDAL would make it easier to identify MQA material without having to actually start the selection. Perhaps I am missing something and someone here can help me. A significant portion of so-called high end listeners are very excited by Qobuz entry to USA. I tried it and many of my albums and songs did not transfer when using Soundiz. I am led to believe that I can install many of that material by searching for it individually. That would take time. Still diggin' the LG GS7.

So that means it does make a difference. If even 50% of recordings sound better i guess it's worth it for me. Qobuz does offer 24 bit hi res against 16 bit tidal i read. Personally i don't like the bombardment of rap songs on tidal home screen. Congrats for the g7, good choice.

Sep 15, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #1,904 of 5,166
I am one of those who doubt MQA. I really believe that MQA is just a remaster of normal version. I have faith more in DSD and 24bit/96kHz+ hires.

Sep 16, 2018 at 2:16 AM Post #1,905 of 5,166
Hi @artpiggo, do you still have Meizu Pro 5 on your possession? I have trouble activating bitperfect for DSD on Neutron and UAPP. DOP on neutron gives me faint white noise, I can only go up to 88.2KHz with DSD files, I tried everything from direct, PCM, offload, etc. UAPP only gives me 176KHz.
I have a problem on Neutron with LG Hifi Plus too, bitperfect works fine with DOP setting, but it's full blast on volume and no way I can control it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back