Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Aug 12, 2018 at 5:10 AM Post #1,681 of 5,166
can LG V30 drive the ibasso it01 well and can get very high volume without using some "adapter tricks"?
because ibasso it01 Impedance: 16 Ohm

but, the default iem along with the package of V30:
LG Quadbeat3 is also 20ish impedance but it can go loud and enough to destroy your eardrums :D

i am still looking for IEM for LG V30 that produce loud sound output without using any "adapter tricks"
Genre's : ROCK - HIPHOP
Budget: 100$-200$

kindly help me on this one..
thanks..

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #1,682 of 5,166
can LG V30 drive the ibasso it01 well and can get very high volume without using some "adapter tricks"?
because ibasso it01 Impedance: 16 Ohm

but, the default iem along with the package of V30:
LG Quadbeat3 is also 20ish impedance but it can go loud and enough to destroy your eardrums :D

i am still looking for IEM for LG V30 that produce loud sound output without using any "adapter tricks"
Genre's : ROCK - HIPHOP

kindly help me on this one..
thanks..

The V30 can drive most iems in the "normal" setting without the need for any adapter I have 3 iems at the moment and all 3 can get loud enough in the normal setting.

Don't worry about whether the V30 can drive your iems or not. More important what kind of signature do you want? BA vs DD, bass heavy vs more neutral?

B400 is an excellent slightly warm/ neutral all BA for less than 200 USD. Campfire Comet should also be very good for 100 USD.

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #1,683 of 5,166
No need to force your phone to high gain for all cans. If your can is just easy-to-drive iem. There is no improvement in quality when activating high gain. It just creates more noise and distorted frequency response. Louder doesnt always mean better. Just enjoy as it is suitably designed.

I can enjoy both u12 and fitear 335sr with low gain from any sources. And the sound still sounds great.

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #1,684 of 5,166
No need to force your phone to high gain for all cans. If your can is just easy-to-drive iem. There is no improvement in quality when activating high gain. It just creates more noise and distorted frequency response. Louder doesnt always mean better. Just enjoy as it is suitably designed.

I can enjoy both u12 and fitear 335sr with low gain from any sources. And the sound still sounds great.

the problem is, most iem that i auditioned didn't get any louder :frowning2:
- have tried the KZ Models
- RHA the one with $200ish price forget the model - sounds good but for me, volume is not enough
- onkyo e700m - blind buy, this one i returned too low on volume and the SQ is not so good

so i am looking for iem high or low impedance with good SQ and can get louder using the LG v30.
Genre: ROCK, HipHop

Thanks for your input guys..

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #1,687 of 5,166
@artpiggo @DaniRojo @Hariz Nordin

That LG os though :triportsad: . Can't simply tolerate it and sold my G6. Longest waiting for an update. Took Honor View 10 and Xduoo Xd-05 portable dac/amp.

By the way if Bluetooth headphone becomes a hit, is serious audiophilic industries like sennheiser, audeze etc spent in more wireless headsets and earphones development i think we may get better quality, after all in Bluetooth headset dac and amp quality is from headset itself not from the mobile right ?

Aug 12, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #1,688 of 5,166
Still i may come back for LG probably G8 or V50 or so...if they give improve software department and support. Cos their hardware feels premium compared to OnePlus or Honor brand also good camera and nice audio

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #1,689 of 5,166
- RHA the one with $200ish price forget the model - sounds good but for me, volume is not enough
- onkyo e700m - blind buy, this one i returned too low on volume and the SQ is not so good

so i am looking for iem high or low impedance with good SQ and can get louder using the LG v30.

Tfz king pro, westone iems at your budget. W4R second hand will be your ideal.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #1,690 of 5,166

That LG os though :triportsad: . Can't simply tolerate it and sold my G6. Longest waiting for an update. Took Honor View 10 and Xduoo Xd-05 portable dac/amp.

By the way if Bluetooth headphone becomes a hit, is serious audiophilic industries like sennheiser, audeze etc spent in more wireless headsets and earphones development i think we may get better quality, after all in Bluetooth headset dac and amp quality is from headset itself not from the mobile right ?

Yes, There are more wireless headsets but still not much headphone supporting in ldac technology apart from sony headphone thus the sound output is still lossy aptx, aptx hd, aac, sbc. And yes, it is different quality to wired headphone. So I recommend for now to use ldac bt dac like shanling m0 or upcoming fiio btr3 and connect with wired headphone.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #1,691 of 5,166

I was using 1more Triple Drivers with my LG V20 and they sounded amazing. I guess there won't be too much difference with the V30...

Aug 12, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #1,692 of 5,166
I believe there will be only 2 brands for audiophile smartphones from now on.

lg still on going uses quad dac advertise their quality sound production.

Vivo is one of few chinese smartphone that still cares on improving sound from smartphone as their standpoint.

Meizu goes to camera phone route, oppo goes to full screen route, other veterans like htc, letv,axon has ditched 3.5 jack.

Now it will be a time for bluetooth dac, usb dac and android dap if you are serious on audio rather than going to smartphone as an all in one device.

Interesting, as I personally don't want to go back to the days of packing around a phone and a DAP. I guess it is how you weigh convenience as opposed to ultimate fidelity. It could be that a manufacturer, such as Samsung or Motorola, could next year bring out phones with great DACs and sound. Not saying they will, just saying that we don't know what the future holds. It is too bad that phone reviews (and thus the people that read reviews) give little attention to high fidelity, but go on and on about cameras and the pictures they take. Right now, LG is all I need.

Aug 13, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #1,694 of 5,166

Let's see how it goes. It's just that I don't see the point in spending almost half of the cost of the Granbeat in cases. I wonder why nobody makes a decent case at a decent price...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back