Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Apr 23, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #1,231 of 5,166
Hey artpiggo....
Do you know any Bluetooth dac/amp that's can compete with the xplay6 regarding sq?

so hard. I tried AK xb10, ATH pha 55bt, and es100

the best bluetooth dac amp I tried till date is audio technica at-pha55bt. (still not tried m0 yet)

But none beats the "detail" in vivo xp6.

BTW, I have knew how to set "Hi-Fi" for neutron music player. which you can swap choosing between DSD mode and Hi-Fi mode very easily. I will PM you tonight :wink:

Apr 23, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #1,233 of 5,166
Well after quite sometime i have bought Beyerdynamic Dt 880 edition 250ohms.
And also Xduoo-xd05.
Also i tested it comparing with LG G6 quad dac version.
Now i know why audiophile don't appreciate phone quality.
I blind tested it on my brother who is not an audio enthusiast and even he get so much appreciable of the difference of sound quality.

In short none of the current Mobile phones can replace a good external dac amp or a DAP.

If you guys are planning for superior audio quality plus portability , invest in something like Hiby R3 or Shaling M2S upwards. Or you can use external dac amp like Xduoo-xd05.

Each of us has its own ears it seems. I own both XD-05 and LG V20 and I don't remember a marked difference in sound quality to the benefit of XD-05. Rather the opposite. I don't have DT880 250ohm to test, but DT990 Pro (same 250ohm) and others from AKG, Sennheiser, Fostex or Audeze.
Now if you just test with 300+ohm headphones, or hungry planars, maybe xduoo works better because amping is more powerfull. You should try a blind test, with sound volumes matched. And listen to microdetails.

Apr 23, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #1,234 of 5,166
so hard. I tried AK xb10, ATH pha 55bt, and es100

the best bluetooth dac amp I tried till date is audio technica at-pha55bt. (still not tried m0 yet)

But none beats the "detail" in vivo xp6.

BTW, I have knew how to set "Hi-Fi" for neutron music player. which you can swap choosing between DSD mode and Hi-Fi mode very easily. I will PM you tonight :wink:

Well maybe I should check out the at-pha55bt Believe it or not. I haven't tried the xplay6 with Bluetooth yet, so I have no idea about how it sounds using the Bluetooth.

Yeah I will wait for your mail. Because using neutron music player in dsd mode kills the battery for real. But it sounds pretty nice
Do you know anything about imr - r1 iem? It's seems to be getting some attention in this thread (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/imr-r1-thread.866361/)

Apr 23, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #1,235 of 5,166
Guys what do you think about redmi 5 plus 4/64 ?
I have it right now and the sound on the headphones are compare to my samsung S3 with wolfson chip, with more details, more airy, and a little louder. I can easier distin good vs bad tracks.

Apr 23, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #1,236 of 5,166
Guys what do you think about redmi 5 plus 4/64 ?
I have it right now and the sound on the headphones are compare to my samsung S3 with wolfson chip, with more details, more airy, and a little louder. I can easier distin good vs bad tracks.

You ear will be golden gradually. Next time I see your set up would be xiaomi + chord hugo 2. :dt880smile:

Apr 23, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #1,237 of 5,166
Well maybe I should check out the at-pha55bt Believe it or not. I haven't tried the xplay6 with Bluetooth yet, so I have no idea about how it sounds using the Bluetooth.

Yeah I will wait for your mail. Because using neutron music player in dsd mode kills the battery for real. But it sounds pretty nice
Do you know anything about imr - r1 iem? It's seems to be getting some attention in this thread (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/imr-r1-thread.866361/)

I read a few reviews from e-earphone. http://www.e-earphone.jp/shop/shopdetail.html?brandcode=000000177728&search=IMR&sort=price_desc
still not that much impressed. But I will wait until there is any dealer importing demo unit in my city.

Apr 23, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #1,238 of 5,166
What affects the sound the most? The phones signature or the players signature (e.g. Neutron)?

I currently own the HTC 10 and was thinking about moving to LG V30, as many are describing it as the ultimate hi-fi smartphone. How do they differ in sound signature? Will the change be really that significant (I didn't hear that much difference between Fiio X5iii and HTC 10, both used with Headstage Arrow, therefore I sold the Fiio)?

Apr 23, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #1,241 of 5,166
What affects the sound the most? The phones signature or the players signature (e.g. Neutron)?

I currently own the HTC 10 and was thinking about moving to LG V30, as many are describing it as the ultimate hi-fi smartphone. How do they differ in sound signature? Will the change be really that significant (I didn't hear that much difference between Fiio X5iii and HTC 10, both used with Headstage Arrow, therefore I sold the Fiio)?

Maybe artpiggo can answer that question for you...

But if you are looking for the best hifi phone I would recommend you to look at the xplay6 from vivo. I am not good enough to describe the difference between the xplay6 and lg v30 but to my ears the xplay6 sounds better than the lg v30. I tried the LG v30 for 2 hours using Sony ex800st.

By the way I can see that you got the imr r1. Can you tell me a little bit about it? And if you could compare it to the Sony ex800st?

Apr 23, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #1,243 of 5,166
May 2018 Stereophile Magazine has a four page review of the V30. The conclusion is it's the best smartphone for audiophiles.

/thread

/end

Apr 23, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #1,244 of 5,166
May 2018 Stereophile Magazine has a four page review of the V30. The conclusion is it's the best smartphone for audiophiles.

/thread

/end
yeahyeahyeah.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back