Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Apr 21, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #1,216 of 5,166
Well after quite sometime i have bought Beyerdynamic Dt 880 edition 250ohms.
And also Xduoo-xd05.
Also i tested it comparing with LG G6 quad dac version.
Now i know why audiophile don't appreciate phone quality.
I blind tested it on my brother who is not an audio enthusiast and even he get so much appreciable of the difference of sound quality.

In short none of the current Mobile phones can replace a good external dac amp or a DAP.

If you guys are planning for superior audio quality plus portability , invest in something like Hiby R3 or Shaling M2S upwards. Or you can use external dac amp like Xduoo-xd05.

Then lg v30 thread is all hype train.

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #1,217 of 5,166
Then lg v30 thread is all hype train.

No no ..not hype train... It is best in mobile units. But it is not the replacement for daps and good dac amp above 100 dollars.
For those who tells they can't find any difference in mobile and daps.... First the headphone or iem gear should be higher quality inorder to feel the difference

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #1,218 of 5,166
And also Xduoo-xd05.
I blind tested it on my brother who is not an audio enthusiast and even he get so much appreciable of the difference of sound quality.

In short none of the current Mobile phones can replace a good external dac amp or a DAP.

If you guys are planning for superior audio quality plus portability , invest in something like Hiby R3 or Shaling M2S upwards. Or you can use external dac amp like Xduoo-xd05.
Well, I believed its true. Its all about convenience, plus marketing. E.g. MULTI-function Home electronics/appliances/hardware tools: there no single appliance which can perform every task like a champ. But there will always be an appliance which *only* do a single task, and do it well.

To be fair, smart phone design is fighting many constraints: battery size, power output, miniaturization, market trends, cost/profit.

Keep these in perspective, be appreciative and enjoy what's being offered. There's no holy grail.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #1,219 of 5,166
And also Xduoo-xd05.

To my ears, a good phone can be on par with 100-200 dollar DAP. But indeed, its all about conveniece and user scenarios as well. I prefer a combination of DAP and small and portable (may be bluetooth) dac/amp. This combo covers 99% needs )

Apr 21, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #1,220 of 5,166
Huawei honor 10 is going to have an Dedicated DAC.

Wondering the trade off beetwen Future oneplus 6 and a device with Kirin 970...

Screenshot_2018-04-21-12-32-18-838_com.android.chrome.jpg

Apr 22, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #1,224 of 5,166
Apr 22, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #1,225 of 5,166
Ehi Art! Hi! Some times had passed from the last time :smile:
I'm thinking how much SQ I could lose if I change my last months plan: I could not buy a pair of second hand he560, could not build a DIY class A amp with 5W for the he560 and I could sell the modi multibit that I've already got to Change my broken iPhone 6 with an LG V30 and some good bAngs for the bucks b400.... what do you think? I am a bit in a hurry because in these days the he560 seller is evaluating my offer... just the right time to broke the phone, advices are very welcome :sob:

Apr 22, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #1,226 of 5,166
I see. I recommend you try buying some in ear monitor to use as temporary.

There is ibasso it01 that I really like it. Just use until you have enough budget to go for full size. Life is a long journey and you cannot rush things.

Apr 22, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #1,227 of 5,166
So are you saying to buy the v30 or I'm wrong? Thanks for the suggestion for the iems, I was thinking to wait the blackfridaysale to buy the the b400 but I will need something now anyway:sweat:

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #1,228 of 5,166
So are you saying to buy the v30 or I'm wrong? Thanks for the suggestion for the iems, I was thinking to wait the blackfridaysale to buy the the b400 but I will need something now anyway:sweat:

Buying lg v30 is good option.

Apr 23, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #1,230 of 5,166
Lg v30 plus. despite it is just 3300 mah, its software is controlling battery drain very excellent. Don't just watch on numbers but see real use :wink: you can go ask in lg v30 thread as well about battery life.

Otherwise, buy her a decent bluetooth dac/amp like shanling m0 or audio technica at-pha55bt.

Hey artpiggo....
Do you know any Bluetooth dac/amp that's can compete with the xplay6 regarding sq?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back