Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Aug 14, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #196 of 5,166
Does this impedance trick also work with x900 ? I have 3.5 male to female adapter lying around which i checked to see if anything changes but couldn't tell the difference.

No need. X900 is working at same output with or without adapter. Ensure that you already get the best out of every app :)

Aug 14, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #198 of 5,166
Alright so it has an algorithm to detect the best case senerio as you said earlier ? If so then this is a huge plus over lg which doesn't have that.

It just means x900 doesn't have algorithm to do high/low gain by impedance. It is just same output for all headphone.

Aug 15, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #204 of 5,166
To vivo xplay 6 user,

Please be informed that 7.1 update will have volume step issue, it can only use 15 steps instead of 30 steps. so you will miss adjust the sound volume delicately by volume +/-. However you can still slide the volume scale to get the volume in-between.

I report to their support email already.

Aug 15, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #205 of 5,166
To vivo xplay 6 user,

Please be informed that 7.1 update will have volume step issue, it can only use 15 steps instead of 30 steps. so you will miss adjust the sound volume delicately by volume +/-. However you can still slide the volume scale to get the volume in-between.

I report to their support email already.

Have you noticed any other issues? I have been using the beta version 7.1 update and I am hoping that the hifi is back to normal again. Because right now the one plus 5 sounds better and plays louder the xplay6. Before I updated the xplay6 was miles ahead of the one plus 5.

Aug 15, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #206 of 5,166
Xplay6 still loud for me. But the sound become more bright and less mid bass. I will wait for their response/new FW for a few months. If nothing is improved, I will downgrade to android 6.

Aug 15, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #207 of 5,166
Xplay6 still loud for me. But the sound become more bright and less mid bass. I will wait for their response/new FW for a few months. If nothing is improved, I will downgrade to android 6.

You were right about the volume steps. It helps using the slider. But yes the sound has become much brighter. Let's hope that vivo will do something about it soon.
Do you know how to downgrade? I thought that was only possible by visiting a vivo service center?

Aug 15, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #208 of 5,166
You were right about the volume steps. It helps using the slider. But yes the sound has become much brighter. Let's hope that vivo will do something about it soon.
Do you know how to downgrade? I thought that was only possible by visiting a vivo service center?

Download previous FW here.
http://m.vivo.com.cn/download/113.html

Then change to update.zip then click update in phone.

But by downgrading from 7 to 6, I think it is necessary to reset factory as well. (From my experience) Not sure though.

Aug 15, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #209 of 5,166
Download previous FW here.
http://m.vivo.com.cn/download/113.html

Then change to update.zip then click update in phone.

But by downgrading from 7 to 6, I think it is necessary to reset factory as well. (From my experience) Not sure though.

Aha I read on some vivo forums that downgrade was only available via service center. But now I have the link to do it myself. But I will wait and see if vivo fixes the issues
By the way I tried the link provided, under download everything is in Chinese, so I will wait until you have done it, then you can guide me. Google translater is not always stable

Aug 15, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #210 of 5,166
Sorry, I just try to downgrade that way. But it is not successful. I need to contact them for procedure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back