Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Oct 26, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #620 of 5,166
I will go thru question one by one. If I miss to answer, please notice me.

- if you want to get easy root to mod a rom, you should get an internation brand like LG, ZTE Axon, or xiaomi which has a ton of root and modded rom.
Other Chinese model such as meizu and vivo are mostly lock bootloader and stick with only stock rom.

- You will be fine with meizu pro7/plus tuning already. I believe they make a very solid sound quality with signature sound house. Better than most x series but still a step back from xplay.

- I believe for meizu pro7 you can use the method of pushing a plug half way and play a song and then push it tight. It is easier and with less adapter, the less the sound degrade.

For the adapter, if you are really interested, I can recommend the DIY shop that sells it cheap in Bangkok and do it well. In case you wanna use in the future smartphone.

For more info of vivo and meizu smartphone and you use facebook account, you can join "meizu gang" and "vivo x series club thailand" where you can find good second hand device and how nice camera quality is. I also am there to support as one of admin there.

It is Thai - based but you can ask in english and wait for answer.

Thanks so much for your detailed reply.

For now, I am continuing to test and use the Vivo X7 Plus. Really nice soundstage and stereo separation.

Oct 27, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #630 of 5,166
Sorry, i mean which is the best smartphone and should i buy a usb dac instead of a smartphone with dac/amp or a dap. Any portable device i can carry on.

What is your budget by the way. Or you are on limitless budget?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back