Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Oct 23, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #557 of 5,166
Just a biiiit bigger than yours, I've got an iPhone 6 as you and it is just 1cm bigger but with a lot bigger screen. Smaller than the plus
Edit: you could search a smaller screen but he footprint will be always the same...

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #559 of 5,166
V30 it's the same worldwide, there's the plus version too but the only difference it's 128gb of internal memory and black color, but you can anyway expand memory with an sd ( I will buy the 200gb one but there's also the 256)
In the next years the LG Q serie could be the phone of your dream but this year lg have done it with a SoC that suck and without the dac
Edit: buy a very thin cover if dropping the phone if you re not one that get it on the ground everyday, the phone should have a military grade protection.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #560 of 5,166
V30 it's the same worldwide, there's the plus version too but the only difference it's 128gb of internal memory and black color, but you can anyway expand memory with an sd ( I will buy the 200gb one but there's also the 256)
In the next years the LG Q serie could be the phone of your dream but this year lg have done it with a SoC that suck and without the dac
Edit: buy a very thin cover if dropping the phone if you re not one that get it on the ground everyday, the phone should have a military grade protection.
V30 still not available here and I assume will be very expensive but might be worth it...

Thanks man!!

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #561 of 5,166
I ve Read an article the other day about how much lg gone totally wrong with the date of release of the lg v30: competitors are out and today You could buy an s8 for 500€, its a nosense a release date in November of such an amazing device because in few days Black Friday sale will come and during the Sale the initial price will drop of 200/300 bucks so after that day the sales will be marked of a very big drop in so short time and the initial price and sales for who work as salesman will be ruined

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #562 of 5,166
I ve Read an article the other day about how much lg gone totally wrong with the date of release of the lg v30: competitors are out and today You could buy an s8 for 500€, its a nosense a release date in November of such an amazing device because in few days Black Friday sale will come and during the Sale the initial price will drop of 200/300 bucks so after that day the sales will be marked of a very big drop in so short time and the initial price and sales for who work as salesman will be ruined

OUCH. worth waiting till after black Friday i guess.

Oct 23, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #565 of 5,166
You should give more details. Do you need the highest performance you can get from the phone ? Do you favour sound quality above all ? Do you need also the best camera you can get ? If sound quality is at tbe same level, do you prefer bang for the buck and a 10 months old phone ? What kind of headphones do you use ? What kind of music files or streaming service ? There are so many profiles of users, and the best device is different for you and for me.
Meizu sells some smaller screen devices with excellent audio.
about the price of V30 : I doubt it will lower before 6 months or the announcement of their next flagship (G7 probably). Black Friday or not. More so if press reviews are good. And they are.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #566 of 5,166
Howdy y'all!

Was reading through this awesome thread (and the Google shared doc) but couldn't find the answer i needed.
Looking for the best sound quality i can get from an android phone (headphones and AUX) as long as it has the following:

1. decent battery life
2. smaller than 5.5 inch (i.e not a phablet)
3. expandable memory
4. works well as a phone...

Any help from the gurus here would be much appreciated!!

Onkyo granbeat, lg v30 (screen to body ratio is high)

Oct 24, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #567 of 5,166
Hi all..
Price range: $1-$700
IEM/ Headphone used: Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 Over Ear
Screen size: NA
What kind of sound you wanna get: more warm? more detail? bigger soundstage? NA
What kind of music you mainly listen: Pop? Rock? EDM? Orchestra? All types
Special request: Need dual camera / higher than snapdragon 820 / No Chinese smartphone etc. Snapdragon 835

Oct 24, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #568 of 5,166
Hi all..
Price range: $1-$700
IEM/ Headphone used: Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 Over Ear
Screen size: NA
What kind of sound you wanna get: more warm? more detail? bigger soundstage? NA
What kind of music you mainly listen: Pop? Rock? EDM? Orchestra? All types
Special request: Need dual camera / higher than snapdragon 820 / No Chinese smartphone etc. Snapdragon 835

LG V30 > LG G6 (check for both quad dac version)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back