Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Apr 15, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #3,331 of 5,168
Apr 15, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #3,333 of 5,168
AT&T provider and Bit perfect mode and MQA, Direct, Direct PCM, Non blocking flags checked on UAPP
Could you please be so kind to make screen shot of this settings just to be 100% sure, because my LG g8x do not work like that

Apr 15, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #3,335 of 5,168
Apr 15, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #3,336 of 5,168
Thank you! LG g8x is not supported LG mobile so last one shouldn't be checked. I wrote with UAPP support and they confirmed this.Exactly same they confirmed for new LG V60.
https://imageshack.us/i/pm0JUlFRp then i would like to know for example why is this playing at 176khz in MQA file if i have upsampling off on the settings. Im not a seasoned veteran in this topics so i would like to learn more about this

Apr 15, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #3,337 of 5,168
https://imageshack.us/i/pm0JUlFRp then i would like to know for example why is this playing at 176khz in MQA file if i have upsampling off on the settings. Im not a seasoned veteran in this topics so i would like to learn more about this
l do have S.NOTE10+ and if i put in hi res flags settings that is LG will do the same :D not unfolding it only playing basic first layer and showing 176khz

so for Sammy need to be all off from hi res settings and after he does really unfold and is suported by UAPP

in LG music if you download MQA sample it playing only also basic unfold so is not suported internally as UAPP stated

i hope i wrote it clearly english is not my mothertoung

PS : I just subscribed to Qobuz hi-res and I can clearly say LG G8X PERFORM way better with Qobuz then Tidal. Just WAW. I guess LG V60 has chance.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #3,338 of 5,168
l do have S.NOTE10+ and if i put in hi res flags settings that is LG will do the same :D not unfolding it only playing basic first layer and showing 176khz

so for Sammy need to be all off from hi res settings and after he does really unfold and is suported by UAPP

in LG music if you download MQA sample it playing only also basic unfold so is not suported internally as UAPP stated

i hope i wrote it clearly english is not my mothertoung

PS : I just subscribed to Qobuz hi-res and I can clearly say LG G8X PERFORM way better with Qobuz then Tidal. Just WAW. I guess LG V60 has chance.
Well i talked to davy from extream and send him the picture and he told me that LG MQA decoder was doing its works thats why it was showing the 176khz while playing MQA files. Im really intrigued why so much mystery on this phone model.

Apr 15, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #3,339 of 5,168
Well i talked to davy from extream and send him the picture and he told me that LG MQA decoder was doing i
Well i talked to davy from extream and send him the picture and he told me that LG MQA decoder was doing its works thats why it was showing the 176khz while playing MQA files. Im really intrigued why so much mystery on this phone model.
Did you send him log from your UAPP or just picture?

Apr 15, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #3,341 of 5,168
Sent him the logs now, waiting for response
That is great thank you. Let's see what he reply.
Do you have Qobuz Alexispr01? If not try 1 month is free and take Hi-Res. It AMAZING

Apr 15, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #3,343 of 5,168
Apr 15, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #3,344 of 5,168
Ok I think I found why I was disappointed.
I was trying all the time with my FH7 in normal mode not in aux mod. That is why DAC had not enough power to punch my IEMs.
I downloaded app called HI-FI status LG.
Quad Dac is meaning that DAC change power as you plug higher impedance headphones.
HD 650 is waw now and same for FH7 if plug extension cable first and 3.5mm in to it after makes it AUX mod = more juice going out. Just so simple.
I wish there is option just with software.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #3,345 of 5,168
Ok I think I found why I was disappointed.
I was trying all the time with my FH7 in normal mode not in aux mod. That is why DAC had not enough power to punch my IEMs.
I downloaded app called HI-FI status LG.
Quad Dac is meaning that DAC change power as you plug higher impedance headphones.
HD 650 is waw now and same for FH7 if plug extension cable first and 3.5mm in to it after makes it AUX mod = more juice going out. Just so simple.
I wish there is option just with software.
Thats what i always do with my fidelios x2hr and works great. Now i want to clear my doubts about if the G8x has the ess sabre or not and mqa unfolding capabilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back