best smart phone for music (no apple)
Sep 12, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #17 of 59
I still think its the Nokia N8

Digital out to E7, or just via its own headphone output, especially playing FLAC files
with Folder Play,it never ceases to surprise me. Superb detail, loads of volume, real bass,
and prat, it can carry a tune beautifully.

plus HDMI output, and takes mini SD cards, and has a built in FM Transmitter
so you can play back in the car, which is a feature I use every day.

Yes the OS is not pretty, but the camera is the dogs'

Sep 12, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #18 of 59
how does the N8 compare to a Sony DAP like the X-Series? 

I am looking for a new phone and do not wish to carry around a dap and a phone at the same time.  I am in a low budget range so it could be either the SG S1 or N8 and maybe the Motorola Atrix.  As these phone can be goten on the cheap on eBay.
Quote:
I still think its the Nokia N8

Digital out to E7, or just via its own headphone output, especially playing FLAC files
with Folder Play,it never ceases to surprise me. Superb detail, loads of volume, real bass,
and prat, it can carry a tune beautifully.

plus HDMI output, and takes mini SD cards, and has a built in FM Transmitter
so you can play back in the car, which is a feature I use every day.

Yes the OS is not pretty, but the camera is the dogs'

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #19 of 59
The N8 does have nice quality out of the headphone jack, definitely agree there. Its USB audio is more limited than the S3s, but still a feather in its cap in terms of adding the possibility of scability to the listening experience via USB DAC upgrades.

I would probably go the S1 over the N8 though, unless the camera is a particular draw card for you. If you're not wanting to carry around another device (DAP/headphone amp/whatever) then you'll get better sound from the S1 with Voodoo Sound than you will from the N8, in addition to a much better OS and much more usable device overall (besides the camera of course).

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #22 of 59
I just bought the u.s. S3(SPH-L710 I believe). Explain this feature, and if it would work on my version please.

The (international) SGS3 has decent sound and comes with the added benefit of supporting numerous USB DACs via OTG cable (I'm not aware of other smartphones with this kind of broad support for external DACs).  

Forgot to quote you.
. Can I get more info on this please? I would be THRILLED to make this work on mine.

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #23 of 59
The few phones soundquality i realy liked are Sony Xperia Ion, Nokia Lumia 900, Samsung galaxy S III, Galaxy Note, Galaxy S II HD and HTC one X.

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #25 of 59
Get any of the phones w voodoo support (Google supercurio and voodoo) that means Wolfson dac. Perfect sound. On par with great dedicated dacs.
S3 will get it sooner or later.

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk2

Sep 16, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #27 of 59
Sep 18, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #29 of 59
Quote:
Do you have a list of supported devices?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.projectvoodoo.controlapp&feature=search_result

Check out the description 
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back