Best Single Driver IEM
Jun 20, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #46 of 89
  400+ hours of JVC HA-FX850, with upgraded cable, bass is correct, extended and not too much at all, really nice to listen to.  In my memory, 100+ hours is not enough for the beast.  Cable is important for it.

I concur, you can control the HA-FX850 bass by changing the cable, which is easy due to the standard connectors.
Want more bass? Go for a large diameter pure copper cable.
Want less bass ? Go a cable with some silver. Warning: if you go pure silver, the effect will be dramatic, and you'll gain some extension in the treble. It is removing too much bass for my taste, though.

And burning of these HA-FX is long, very long indeed.

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #47 of 89
  The best single driver iem that I've heard is the Flare R2A. I've not heard the IE800 and it is probably better but not by much from what I've read.

The Flareand Flare Pro Titanium is no match for the IE800. The IE800 is the best i've heard - by far, but the Flare is far far better fit wise and the IE800 is a complete pain in the backside

Nov 5, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #50 of 89
any thoughts on the klipsch x12i? have seen it going for a little over 200. the few reviews/opinions I've read about them are mostly positive.

Have got the x10 and x11is. Not heard the 12s. They are very sensitive and have great bass . They sit way into the ear canal so need v little volume. They have a non fatiguing sound. They suffer from wind noise when out and about because of the bullet shape not taking up very much space in the ear. They're one of my favourite iems for mp3s - they are nice and forgiving on smaller bitrate files and tone down harshness.
In terms of a comparison with the IE800s , the IE800s have a much more wider detailed sound , but cost roughly double for a used pair

Nov 6, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #53 of 89
Definetly. It always loose on my ear after 15min later.

Which is what makes so many IE800s come onto the secondhand market. Has anyone tried Comply TX200s  for theirs yet? I still have the Sennheiser tips having had custom earsleeves made for them. The Snugs earsleeves just don't sound as good as the Senn tips so any comfort advantage is instantly wiped out. They may work for you - at least Snugs offer a no quibble money back guarantee. I left mine too late to send them back

Nov 6, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #56 of 89
For me Dynamic is the Dita Answer Truth and for BA the FI-BA-SS, not only my favourite single driver iems but my fav iems in general.

May 20, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #57 of 89
You should the SE-CH9T test
Pioneer with its new dynamic driver is very musical and with a very good resolution. Reminiscent of BA driver. The bass is emphasized but taut and ideal for electronic music but also rock
also the Nuforce HEM2 is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back