Best recorded albums of all time?
Mar 26, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #271 of 464
I'd like to step back a few years and nominate "Harry Belafonte at Carnegie Hall" A live performance recorded in 1959, yes, 56 years ago. This recording is excellent
and set the standard for future live recordings.The performance is beyond reproach. If you're thinking my suggestion is crazy, you haven't listened to the album. I believe this album should be in every audiophiles collection.

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Carnegie-Hall-Harry-Belafonte/dp/B000006SUU/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1427420951&sr=1-1&keywords=harry+belafonte+live+at+carnegie+hall

Apr 19, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #275 of 464
Manu Katche - Third Round
Pete Alderton - Cover My Blues
and the best recording of all

Chris Jones - Roadhouses and Automobiles

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #276 of 464
man.. off the top of my head going through my albums:  These just strike me as the best sounding in my collection.

muddy waters - folk singer
beck - sea change (mofi)
jim croce - his greatest recordings (dcc gold)
erkan ogur -dokunmak # bass heads check this out for use of bass in acoustic music
daft punk - random access memories (24/88 edition studio masters)
fleetwood mac - rumors (dutch white)
massive attack - mezzanine
my bloody valentine - loveless # analog tapes
neil young - after the gold rush
nirvana - unplugged
clapton - unplugged
pink floyd - wall (mofi)
radiohead - anything really
sigur ros - agaetis byrjun
steely dan - aja
beach boys - pet sounds
beatles - uhhh everything, but abbey road if I had to pick one
the ******* eagles man - hotel ******* california (dcc gold)
simon and garfunkle - bridge over troubled waters
charles mingus - ah um

May 5, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #280 of 464
While not technically an audiophile recording, I've really been enjoying the Flaming Lips Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots on vinyl. The soundstage is huge, and there's weird sounds coming from all directions. Very fun listen...

May 11, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #281 of 464
Want to add 3 electronic albums:

Nicolas jaar - space is only noise we can't see
**** buttons - tarot sport
Scuba - claustraphobia

May 12, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #282 of 464
I'd like to step back a few years and nominate "Harry Belafonte at Carnegie Hall" A live performance recorded in 1959, yes, 56 years ago. This recording is excellent
and set the standard for future live recordings.The performance is beyond reproach. If you're thinking my suggestion is crazy, you haven't listened to the album. I believe this album should be in every audiophiles collection.

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Carnegie-Hall-Harry-Belafonte/dp/B000006SUU/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1427420951&sr=1-1&keywords=harry+belafonte+live+at+carnegie+hall

That's too funny!  That exact CD literally arrived in my mailbox today!  What are the odds!

May 16, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #284 of 464
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this:

the 2011 remaster of:

smashing pumpkins-siamese dream

insanely good studio work.

Butch Vig FTW.

May 16, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #285 of 464
While not technically an audiophile recording, I've really been enjoying the Flaming Lips Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots on vinyl. The soundstage is huge, and there's weird sounds coming from all directions. Very fun listen...

yeah, I've been reading all over the place thats it's supposedly one of the great audiophile records...

I don't find that to be the case. At all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back