Best recorded albums of all time?
Aug 23, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #451 of 464
Bahamas - Earthtones (2018)
Lydian Collective - Adventure (2018)
Jordan Rakei - Wallflower (2017)
Lunatic Soul - Under the Fragmented Sky (2018)
Steven Wilson - To The Bone (2017)
Umphrey's McGee - it's not us (2018)
Umphrey's McGee - it's you (2018)
Dave Matthews Band - Come Tomorrow (2018)

But mostly THIS:
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - Deluxe Edition 2017 Remix by Giles Martin
Geez. Man love your work thanks, heaps plenty to pass the time away :dt880smile:

Sep 6, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #453 of 464
Hi guys
Can anyone recommended some great albums from this Year or last that are worth a listen ?
I have a new set of Headphones to try out (Audeze Lcd 2-C) Any Genre is fine :)

Regards
I like the Sound Liaison DXD recordings. They really stand out among the crowd: https://www.soundliaison.com/
And Native DSD has some quite impressive DXD downloads as well. https://www.nativedsd.com/
Doug MacLeod on Reference Recordings is also highly recommended, https://referencerecordings.com/recording/exactly-like-this-doug-macleod/

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #454 of 464
Bahamas - Earthtones (2018)
Lydian Collective - Adventure (2018)
Jordan Rakei - Wallflower (2017)
Lunatic Soul - Under the Fragmented Sky (2018)
Steven Wilson - To The Bone (2017)
Umphrey's McGee - it's not us (2018)
Umphrey's McGee - it's you (2018)
Dave Matthews Band - Come Tomorrow (2018)

But mostly THIS:
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - Deluxe Edition 2017 Remix by Giles Martin

Hi KopaneDePooj

I would have never listened to the Beatles, but as you made a point of it, I thought id better give it listen.

How did I miss this I don't know bit I was blown away mate,great suggestion:ksc75smile::ksc75smile: Such great mix of recording from back then, I know its a remaster but........... OMG

Sep 7, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #455 of 464
Hi KopaneDePooj

I would have never listened to the Beatles, but as you made a point of it, I thought id better give it listen.

How did I miss this I don't know bit I was blown away mate,great suggestion:ksc75smile::ksc75smile: Such great mix of recording from back then, I know its a remaster but........... OMG

Yes, the Sgt Pepper's remix is fantastic. All the hard pannings that were so popular back in those days, but sounded odd especially with headphones, are removed.
The stage is now much more natural, vocals more clean and present, sounds like an entirely different album. Fresh!

Sep 17, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #457 of 464
Dunedin Consort and Players Bach's Matthew Passion, John Butt on Linn

The Sound and the recording of this masterful interpretation is a true jewel and a work of art...Thanks...

Sep 18, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #458 of 464
Joe Jackson's Blaze of Glory album is a great music tester: for both the required speed and filling an enormous spectrum of the frequency range in one track. Plus I love the drums' consistency and overall compositional quality

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #461 of 464
Arild Andersen - Tales of Hackney

Best recording of double bass I've ever heard. Accompanied by various exotic Asian mouth instruments and percussion. The amazing level of detail revealed can be attributed to the sparse instrumentation captured by legendary recording engineer Shuta Shinoda.

Jan 11, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #462 of 464
These make most "best" lists and deservedly so:

Muddy Waters: Folk Singer. I've got this on MFSL Gold Disc and recently acquired the Classic Records DAD/HDAD. An indescribable realism in reproduction of instruments, voice, and the space they're performing in. Both recordings are amazing - but the 24-bit version is something else. I've never heard much difference among digital sources with CDs so I was shocked when a real time comparison between the two discs through the DAC1 left no doubt that the hi-res version must definitely come closer to what's on the analog tape. Helped convinced me to order an SACD player to further explore hi-res...

The Weavers: Reunion at Carnegie Hall-1963. On Classic Records DAD. This is it. The single best recording I've heard, ever. Can't describe it; an uncanny sense of being there that had me sitting up in my chair the first time I heard it. Anyone with a DVD player and a DAC hooked up to a hi-fi HAS to hear this sucker.

Both of these have been available (and raved about) on vinyl for years; would love to hear impressions of folks who've compared digital, especially hi-res, with the analog.

Best,
Beau
At last! Somebody mentioned Muddy Waters Folk Singer! Yes - stunning recording given that it was from 1963. Puts many modern recordings to shame.

Jan 11, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #463 of 464
[reserved for when time has officially ended]

Jan 13, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #464 of 464
[reserved for when time has officially ended]

LOL Here's one for the end of times. Really great recording and great music. (Just find a proper audio format)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back