best positional audio for hard core fps gamer (headphone + soundcard)
Jan 9, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #16 of 29
I use a xonar dx(with dolby headphone dh1), fiio e11k (low gain, bass boost off), and sennheiser 558. I imagine the ad700x is actually better for gaming, but I like the sennheiser's earpad shape, single headband with customizable lengths, and detachable cable (so i can easily replace if it breaks). Also, the 558 is really popular, so you can probably find one on the used market for cheap.

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #17 of 29
Reality is you probably cant go too wrong. I can tell you that the K612 is comfortable and has a nice soundstage. I doubt you would regret it. It is probably a better music headphone than the AD700 and bigger soundstage than 558.

Jan 9, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #18 of 29
  I use a xonar dx(with dolby headphone dh1), fiio e11k (low gain, bass boost off), and sennheiser 558. I imagine the ad700x is actually better for gaming, but I like the sennheiser's earpad shape, single headband with customizable lengths, and detachable cable (so i can easily replace if it breaks). Also, the 558 is really popular, so you can probably find one on the used market for cheap.

Reality is you probably cant go too wrong. I can tell you that the K612 is comfortable and has a nice soundstage. I doubt you would regret it. It is probably a better music headphone than the AD700 and bigger soundstage than 558.

I had the Q701, sure it sounds like you're in a room with a large space of sound. I found it to be too much and overlapped the footsteps in an area like they'd easily be in both speakers if he's at my 4'o clock. I just wasn't a fan of that. I find the HD558 to be nice, but the X2 to pinpoint precisely without overlapping into the other speakers if that makes sense.

My vote goes to the HD558's. Comfort is a big factor at the end of the day too. I can toss my hoodie over my head with these on as well unlike the dual headband headphones lol.

My vote is HD558 or AD700. Both are very comfortable and non-fatiguing. I would give the AD700 the edge in terms of soundstage, especially positioning. Tough to beat the AD700 in those categories. It comes at expense of bass.

ty all for the reply...after i have read all comment i wanna eliminate from my list k701 for price and hd558 because are balanced(music/gaming/comfort) but with a lesser soundstage in the list...then i now need to look between k612 vs ad700x som,eone have tryed both?in game which is the best?

Jan 9, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #19 of 29
Citazione:
Messaggio inviato da SOMI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ho provato alcune di queste cuffie e trovare Beyerdynamic DT990 (250, 600 Ohm) ha l'imaging supperior e spunti di posizione perchè palcoscenico wellrounded. Cuffie Ultrasone sono noti anche per un'esperienza audio surround con una migliore immi know 

Io know that for heavy bass = not for heavy comp ^^

Jan 9, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #20 of 29
ty all for the reply...after i have read all comment i wanna eliminate from my list k701 for price and hd558 because are balanced(music/gaming/comfort) but with a lesser soundstage in the list...then i now need to look between k612 vs ad700x som,eone have tryed both?in game which is the best?
The ad700 will have e a slightly larger soundstage, the k612 will be excellent but slightly smaller and have better bass and better for music

Jan 10, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #21 of 29
The ad700 will have e a slightly larger soundstage, the k612 will be excellent but slightly smaller and have better bass and better for music

i ve read a ad700 have larger soundstage(how much difference?) but lose in imaging because isn t natural.is more left..k612 is more accurated and have more imaging?

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #22 of 29
i ve read a ad700 have larger soundstage(how much difference?) but lose in imaging because isn t natural.is more left..k612 is more accurated and have more imaging?
Imaging is very good with k612. I think you should just go k612. Very confident you will not regret it. I just hit #30 skill in the US in Bf4 with them so they must be ok :)

One thing to say though! You will need a headphone amp! The AKGs are 120 ohm and not super sensitive. The Xonar stx onboard amp is plenty, but just running these off a regular output from most soundcard will be disappointing

Jan 10, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #24 of 29
Imaging is very good with k612. I think you should just go k612. Very confident you will not regret it. I just hit #30 skill in the US in Bf4 with them so they must be ok
smily_headphones1.gif

One thing to say though! You will need a headphone amp! The AKGs are 120 ohm and not super sensitive. The Xonar stx onboard amp is plenty, but just running these off a regular output from most soundcard will be disappointing

i think to put it in soundblaster z with 500 ohm amp ^^ works fine right? :p

Jan 10, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #25 of 29
Citazione:
Messaggio inviato da mindbomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ricordo il AD700 sminuito la mia 558 in palcoscenico, immagino la ad700x deve essere uguale o meglio, quindi non posso immaginare niente di meglio che essere il ad700x in questa fascia di prezzo.

lol his is my problem..ad700 and k612 have both awesome quality sound and soundstage...and i can t decide :/ needd someone have tryed both and can compare it 

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #28 of 29
As a big gamer I find the AKG K701 the best. I would say the AD700, Q701,K501 good runner ups. The MA900 although warm has ability to be excellent in this area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back