Best portable Headphone under 100 $ for HipHop
Apr 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

deka-fi

Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I have to buy the portable headphones. Here are the requirements:
1) price under $ 100
2) comfortable and closeable
3) closed with good insulation
4) music hiphop, rap and electropop

Will use the headphones with the residue cip zip + FiiO e6

I've already identified a pair of headphones:
-akg-k518dj
-akg-k450
-akg-Q460
-JVC HA-s400

Thanks so much

Apr 7, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #3 of 28
I decided to buy two pairs of headphones, in order to find the best earphones for my musical tastes.

As the first model I am directing towards the akg k518, I like to look at and read positive comments, especially the bass.
What do you think?

Apr 7, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #4 of 28
Apr 7, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:
The s500 are very light weight and exceptional sound quailty. Bass is very well textured mids are clear and detailed and high have sparkle. The akg sound resseced compared to the s500
smily_headphones1.gif

Have u ever tried Cal? I found cal to be lacking in bass and definetly in sub bass. How is s500 bass compared to the cals?

Apr 7, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #10 of 28
The K518 is good for hiphop.
If you're interested in the K518 you might want to take a look at the upgraded K618.

Apr 7, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #11 of 28
The s500 have amazing sub bass , slam is perfect, vocals are rendered beautifully. I listen to alot of electronic and some hip hop and metal. I say they are the best when it comes to those genre . Trust a brother and read the thread about them , you will see them being even compared to the vmoda m-100 and still beating the to death :D

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #13 of 28
In my opinion the k518le's are amazing for hip hop (huge bass without ruining the mids and highs) and they are almost always on sale for half price at Amazon and other places. Great value. They have excellent isolation with the stock pads.

They need some burn in to sound their best but when they do they are simply amazing for the music you listen to. With burn in the bass tightens up and the mids and highs come out a bit. They have foam pieces covering the drivers which can be taken out to make the bass much less boomy and the mids and highs come out much more(I have removed them). 

They clamp hard though so comfort may be an issue. You will have to stretch them over books or the like to reduce the clamping force. You can also replace the default pads with hd 25 velours at the expense of some bass and isolation but the comfort, mids and highs improve. I am using them with the pads of the coby cv-185 and they have decent isolation, the bass is great and is not boomy, and the mids and highs come out a bit more as well compared to the default pads.... comfort with coby cv-185 pads are better than the stock pads but can get uncomfortable as the pads are shallow and I have elvish ears :p) .

These have great bass(the low end feels heavy) with great highs and nice mids(a tiny bit recessed to my ears) which equals to a really fun sounding headphone.

Hope this helps!

I haven't heard the others so I really can't comment on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back