Best portable amp for JH13'S
Mar 25, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #31 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yo Fortis!

I'm guessing I'm about 50 miles away from you. Happy to meet up for a few hours to let you see the difference some of my portable amps make. I was the first in the UK to get the JH13Pro (sn 1409) and took the plunge on them without any regrets. I have number 111 Pico Slim arriving soon, so you might be one of the first in UK to hear that too! Glad to let you demo the gear at a mini meet.

I'm looking forward to hearing the iMod, ALO PV-Cap to Pico Slim to JH13. I have a bunch of LODS and stuff to experiment with too.

PM me for location or phone number.

Regards

Sceptre

Now there's an offer! A mini-meet in a real pub with jars of real ale....wish I could join you both...!!! Let us know the outcome if you get together......the beer I mean!

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #32 of 101
Quote:

Yo Fortis!

I'm guessing I'm about 50 miles away from you. Happy to meet up for a few hours to let you see the difference some of my portable amps make. I was the first in the UK to get the JH13Pro (sn 1409) and took the plunge on them without any regrets. I have number 111 Pico Slim arriving soon, so you might be one of the first in UK to hear that too! Glad to let you demo the gear at a mini meet.

I'm looking forward to hearing the iMod, ALO PV-Cap to Pico Slim to JH13. I have a bunch of LODS and stuff to experiment with too.

Regards

Sceptre

you have got mail
wink.gif

sent a pm.

Mar 25, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #33 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now there's an offer! A mini-meet in a real pub with jars of real ale....wish I could join you both...!!! Let us know the outcome if you get together......the beer I mean!

My local was a 17th century thatched pub, but it burnt down on Wednesday afternoon :frowning2:

We'll find somewhere else.
Will reply to Fortis PM later today.

Sceptre

Mar 31, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #36 of 101
had the shadow, but ultimately decided on the iBasso D4 with the highflight upgraded opamps. Incredible DAC, which I use a lot of the time, and sound is spectacular with a true 9.6v battery.

Mar 31, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #38 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
protector > alo rx for sure
smily_headphones1.gif

because i own the protector and have not heard the Rx, im happy you say that
biggrin.gif
now we just need the Pico Slim to come out, its the only one i think may be able to compete. its digital volume is supposed to be pretty sweet.

Mar 31, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #39 of 101
The Protector is seriously good with the JH13+TWag balanced cable, MUCH better than D10 and my Protector is nowhere burned in yet while my D10 has +500 hours on it

Mar 31, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #40 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Protector is seriously good with the JH13+TWag balanced cable, MUCH better than D10 and my Protector is nowhere burned in yet while my D10 has +500 hours on it

do you like them with the protector more than your ety er4's with the rudi balanced?

Mar 31, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #41 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you like them with the protector more than your ety er4's with the rudi balanced?

The answer to that one will have to be yes. While I do love the ER4 it is not up to the level of the JH13 even in my monster version. The ER4 however are getting less and less head time but each time when I do plug them in I rediscover the love and marvel at how good they are. I have been toying with selling them since they get so little use but I don't think I ever will.

Mar 31, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #42 of 101
Quote:

The answer to that one will have to be yes. While I do love the ER4 it is not up to the level of the JH13 even in my monster version. The ER4 however are getting less and less head time but each time when I do plug them in I rediscover the love and marvel at how good they are. I have been toying with selling them since they get so little use but I don't think I ever will.

yeah, its hard to ever let that first love go. but i can certainly understand that from the techincal aspects the jh-13's surpass the er4's. Though that is a pretty sick setup. You should get an adaptor and try the jh-13's out of the Rudi
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2010 at 11:37 AM Post #43 of 101
I have tried to let my Jungson cd player feed the Protector and the Protector+JH13 is certainly able to compete with the RPX-100+Ed8. Two different flavours with somewaht different strengths and the RPX-100+Ed8 would win out in the end but the difference is really very small given the 6X price difference in the amps. I'm not likely to get an adaptor to run the JH13 from the RPX-100 as for home use I prefer ordinary cans as they are a lot easiere to operate when people want to get in contact with me, just lift a cup instead of having to unscrew an earpiece.

Mar 31, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #44 of 101
Quote:

I have tried to let my Jungson cd player feed the Protector and the Protector+JH13 is certainly able to compete with the RPX-100+Ed8. Two different flavours with somewaht different strengths and the RPX-100+Ed8 would win out in the end but the difference is really very small given the 6X price difference in the amps. I'm not likely to get an adaptor to run the JH13 from the RPX-100 as for home use I prefer ordinary cans as they are a lot easiere to operate when people want to get in contact with me, just lift a cup instead of having to unscrew an earpiece.

That is true, and is the only reason why i would buy a fullsize can, but ive yet to find one that i like even close to as much as my JH-13's, not even the HE-5 or the hd800's, so i guess im between a rock and a hard spot lol ill jsut stick with the 13's for now
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #45 of 101
Quote:

Yo Fortis!

Regards

Sceptre

dammnit, if I still lived in Stortford I would have tagged along and brought my mini3.
Oh and Fortis, you must build a Starving Student
wink.gif
when I get around to it I will make you a PCB then its about £20 in components, tenner for the tubes and a fiver for the PSU. I've got some tube sockets you can have too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back