Best portable amp/dac for Denon AH-D2000 headphones
Oct 4, 2011 at 10:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

touchmypenguin

New Head-Fier
My fiio e7 portable amp/dac stopped functioning yesterday after only a few months of use (will no longer power on, even after reset). Am i best purchasing another fiio e7 (amazons refunding me as they don't have stock) or is there a better portable amp/dac to go with my Denon ah-d2000 headphones.

I mostly use it with my pc with foobar and flac files, my tv's headphone output and my zen vision m mp3 player. It needs both a usb and 3.5mm input and at least one 3.5mm output.

Thanks in advance guys.

P.S-Sorry for posting it in the headphone section but no one seemed to be replying in the portable amp forum and i need you guys' expertise.

Oct 4, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #2 of 7
Oct 4, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 7
Try posting in the 'Portable Headphone Amp' section.

Oct 4, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #4 of 7
The Leckerton UHA4 does a much better job at driving my Denon 5000s than the E7 ever could. Plus it has emphasis on the mids while being incredibly neutral, you'd be hard pressed to do better for a portable DAC/Amp combo with them. I'm actually considering buying the full sized UHA6s as well for home use as I love the amp so much.

Quote:
My fiio e7 portable amp/dac stopped functioning yesterday after only a few months of use (will no longer power on, even after reset). Am i best purchasing another fiio e7 (amazons refunding me as they don't have stock) or is there a better portable amp/dac to go with my Denon ah-d2000 headphones.

I mostly use it with my pc with foobar and flac files, my tv's headphone output and my zen vision m mp3 player. It needs both a usb and 3.5mm input and at least one 3.5mm output.

Thanks in advance guys.

P.S-Sorry for posting it in the headphone section but no one seemed to be replying in the portable amp forum and i need you guys' expertise.

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #5 of 7
Just a quick final question, with the Leckerton UHA4 and the Denon D2000s would i need to use the low or hi gain setting. I'm not really sure on how that works with varying impedence levels.

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Just a quick final question, with the Leckerton UHA4 and the Denon D2000s would i need to use the low or hi gain setting. I'm not really sure on how that works with varying impedence levels.

You should be able to drive them on both low gain and hi gain. Did you consider the UHA6 though for those denons. The UHA6 would be a better amp than the UHA4 for full size cans and the price difference is worth it for more quality although the UHA4 is no slouch in that regard. But the UHA4 is more catered to IEMs while the UHA6 would be more appropriate for full size cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back