Best place to buy ES7? Do these look legit?
Oct 22, 2010 at 8:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

matthewh133

Headphoneus Supremus
My girlfriend is looking at buying a pair of nice headphones, less than $150. Decided the ES7 would be good for her. I saw these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Audio-Technica-ATH-ES7-ES7-Portable-Headphones-CD-B-/120628987538?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item1c160c4692

Do you think they're legit? The rest on ebay I see are all $140ish, whereas these are only $70. They are from Hong Kong though, and I am always very wary buying from China, as fakes seem to in abundance. If these are fake, the other cheapest option is from our local headphone site (which is usually very expensive compared to US prices) and they sell them for $145 shipped, anyone know anywhere cheaper that ships to Aus?

Thanks!

Oct 22, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #2 of 7
Don't buy them off ebay. Just don't. Ebay is notorious for selling fake ES7s, and I'd rather not go there...

Beach Camera sells it for $99.00 new of Amazon or their own site. They are authorized dealers.

I dunno if they ship to Aus though...

Oct 23, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #4 of 7

Half the price of anywhere else and coming from Hong Kong.  If it seems too good to be true- Guess what?  If you check the sellers negative feedback, there is an indication of fake Sennheisers being sold in the past.  You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to have some doubts about this deal, and as has already been mentioned there are lots of fake ES7s around.  Pay the $145 from Headphonic and save in the long run. 
Quote:
My girlfriend is looking at buying a pair of nice headphones, less than $150. Decided the ES7 would be good for her. I saw these on ebay:

Do you think they're legit? The rest on ebay I see are all $140ish, whereas these are only $70. They are from Hong Kong though, and I am always very wary buying from China, as fakes seem to in abundance. 

Nov 8, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #5 of 7

Kernmac said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Half the price of anywhere else and coming from Hong Kong.  If it seems too good to be true- Guess what?  If you check the sellers negative feedback, there is an indication of fake Sennheisers being sold in the past.  You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to have some doubts about this deal, and as has already been mentioned there are lots of fake ES7s around.  Pay the $145 from Headphonic and save in the long run. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you think they're legit? The rest on ebay I see are all $140ish, whereas these are only $70. They are from Hong Kong though, and I am always very wary buying from China, as fakes seem to in abundance. 

Thanks for your sharing! It's good for reference, Now I understand more about it.

Nov 8, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #6 of 7

+1
Quote:

Nov 8, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #7 of 7
If there's a local place for $145, I would just do that. The ES7s are $80 on Beach Camera, but shipping would be another ~$30 or $40 via USPS (and much more via UPS or FedEx), so that would bring the cost up quite close, and then if something is wrong with them you might have to go through a lot more trouble to get the issue resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back