Best place for reshelling? USA?
Jun 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jjacq

Playing Upgraditis Mania
Hello,

I recently bought myself a pair of UE-10(Ultimate Ears) and I need to get them reshelled. The seller has indicated that Unique Melody reshells them but I didn't realized that they are in Australia. Is there a good/reputable company here in the states that you guys may recommend? I'm really new with IEMs and I've never done this before. I plan to go to a local audiologist for my impressions and then have my UE's reshelled.

Any help regarding anything would be highly appreciated. I'm very new and I'd love to make sure that I have everything I need to get through this.

Also, I tried looking through the forums if there has been a similar thread. I had no luck but if someone can link me to one, that would be highly appreciated too.

Here is the link to a review of my UE-10's:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/ultimate-ears-ue-10-pro-earphones-ipod/

Jun 11, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #2 of 11
Check out this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/464570/inearz-fisher-hearing-custom-remold-owners-thread/1980#post_8449952

InEarz/Fisher appears to very popular and of best value.  I've had three reshells done by them.

Looks like they are located very close to you, in fact in the same state (FL).

Jun 11, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #3 of 11
Thanks! I sent them a message and wrote on the thread you gave. Thanks for replying fast.

How much did it cost you to have them reshelled? I can't seem to find it on the site.

Jun 11, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #5 of 11
Thank you guys, is InEarZ the only place? I mean no offense I'm just wondering.

Jun 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #7 of 11
I had my reshells done by 1964 Ears and I stand by them firmly.
Excellent craftsmanship, excellent fit.
You can view the pictures of them in my profile if you want.

Jun 16, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #11 of 11
1964 is better quality without a doubt. The fit can be dependent upon the impression. From my experience the inearz is a bigger mold and the finish isn't as good as 1964. Also inearz does not have as many color options as 1964. But what matters is how they sound and inearz is an excellent value

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back