Best over the ear headphones under $200
Oct 25, 2012 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dangerzone9k

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase over the ear headphones soon and I wanted to get some reccomendations from the experts on which headphones that I should purchase.  I was currently looking at the new Sony headphones and M100s but I'm not sure if I want to spend that much money for my first decent headphones.  I found out that audio technica M50 is also a good choice.  What other over the ear headphones are good?

Where's what I want:
-portable
-doesn't require an amp
-no batteries to operate
-sound isolation
-sound quality
-accurate bass

Thanks,
Numan

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #2 of 5
You should check out the Beyer Custom One Pro. No amp required with only 16 ohms impedance and it provides very good isolation. The bass slider feature is quite fun. It sounds pretty decent too. Its going for 160$ on amazon.

Dec 16, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #5 of 5
For $199, the UE6000 is in your budget and fits most of your categories. I've never been fortunate enough to hear it, so I can't speak for 'accurate bass', but it is portable, requires no amp, has optional noise cancelling with batteries, but only if you need more isolation (I'd probably listen 90% of the time in non-battery mode. NC does muddy the bass though, from what I've read).

It seems to sound pretty nice, too, if warm is your thing:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000-page-2

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back