Best Movie of the Year!
Nov 30, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #16 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you people not seen The Darjeeling Limited?

That is the best movie I've seen all year, and I see a lot of movies.

Edit: Let's not forget Juno either, I haven't had a chance to see it yet, but current reviews are VERY positive. It looks like it will be an amazing movie.

Haven't seen it yet. Wes Anderson is interesting; I really enjoy his movies.

Nov 30, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #17 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there a lot of films striving for that honor?

It seems so, and it's interesting that Tommy Lee Jones was in the other (IMO) recent balls-out-incredible modern western, "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada."

Nov 30, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #18 of 71
Nov 30, 2007 at 5:50 AM Post #19 of 71
I haven't been to many movies this year, but the best were (in no particular order):

1. Ratatouille
2. Into The Wild
3. No Country For Old Men

All were great and I recommend them. Still planning to watch a few more before the end of the year, though.

Nov 30, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #20 of 71
Quote:

Are there a lot of films striving for that honor? Actually, I'm really looking forward to it, but There Will Be Blood is the "Western" I'm most interested in this year.

Dude, that looks depressing!

I guess I'm fairly mainstream when it comes to movies... I liked Live Free or Die Hard a lot and Bourne was great. I haven't seen the Rat but it's on my list and was rated top tier referrence quality for BD.

My wife has her baby shower tomorrow so maybe I'll go catch Old Country.

Nov 30, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #21 of 71
Nov 30, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #22 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I am anxious to see I Am Legend.

I'll go see it... but it will be basterized down from the book.

Nov 30, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #23 of 71
I saw this movie within the past year but not the past calendar year. Anyway, if you haven't seen The Last King of Scotland you have to. One of the best films I have ever seen.

Nov 30, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #24 of 71
August Rush. Even though it's a chick flick, for a music lover, it's definitly an inspiring movie.

Nov 30, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #25 of 71
For me, 07 hasn't been as rewarding as 06. I have seen some great schlocky entertainment though. Grindhouse, Shoot "Em UP, 300, and American Gangster were all great fun.

I can't wait to see No Country For Old Men. Maybe that'll be the one that tickles my fancy.

I'll agree with some others about Ratatouille which was an exceptionally well crafted move. How long can Pixar keep topping themselves?

Nov 30, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #26 of 71
Quote:

Maybe. Also pretty exciting, no? And that soundtrack (at least with the trailer).

As long as we're talking best film of the year, check out this strongly positive review just published of Le Scaphandre et le Papillon (The Diving Bell and the Butterfly).

Where do you guys find some of these movies? This one looks a little like Stay with Ewan McGregor... I have to be in the mood for those heavy movies. Most of the time I just want to be entertained... but I do like a heavy story with lots of depth from time to time.

edit - Ohhh, I almost forgot about 300! Thanks for the reminder viro! That one is right up there with Bourne for me; top of the list for 2007.

Nov 30, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #27 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll agree with some others about Ratatouille which was an exceptionally well crafted move. How long can Pixar keep topping themselves?

Until they release Monsters, Inc. or Cars?
wink.gif
Question is how long can Brad Bird keep topping himself?

Nov 30, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #30 of 71
I haven't seen much of the critically acclaimed stuff this year. I saw 'Into The Wild' at an early screening in Flagstaff, AZ. I was squirming and knashing my teeth through a lot of it.

'Knocked Up' is probably my favorite movie from 2007. Go Judd Apatow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back