Best Movie of the Year!
Dec 2, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #61 of 71
Super Bad

Dec 2, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #62 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by will75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rolleyes.gif
Wish I would have seen the 1 hour 30 minute mark at the beginning. Yep, 9-11 was done on purpose by our government. And, we are all Nazi's...
wink.gif

first off it's spelt guvernmint and second off it's widely known that 9-11 was perpetrated by the la-le-lu-li-lo. 'nuff sayed.

Dec 2, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #63 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by grape ape /img/forum/go_quote.gif
first off it's spelt guvernmint and second off it's widely known that 9-11 was perpetrated by the la-le-lu-li-lo. 'nuff sayed.

No more Konami for you

Dec 3, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #65 of 71
Saw No Country this weekend... what the hell is the deal with the ending??? The last 15-20 minutes ruined what was otherwise a fantastic movie! Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention to the dialogue at the end or something but most of the people in the theater did one of those What laughs when the credits started so I wasn't alone.

Dec 3, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #66 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Saw No Country this weekend... what the hell is the deal with the ending??? The last 15-20 minutes ruined what was otherwise a fantastic movie! Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention to the dialogue at the end or something but most of the people in the theater did one of those What laughs when the credits started so I wasn't alone.

Did you not like the unconventionality (that the good guys lost) or did you not like the pacing? Some people were ok with the plot but thought that the slow pace of the ending was anticlimactic.

Personally, I loved the ending. I hate Hollywood type endings with a passion; it's fine in a Disney movie (I was pleasantly surprised at how funny "Enchanted" was) but otherwise it seems like the easy way out.

Dec 3, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #68 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got a chance to see both American Gangster and No Country for Old Men. Both are great movies, No Country for Old Men is just wicked with great acting by Javier Bardem.

nocountryforoldmenpic2.jpg

"Call it, friend-o..."

This guy just looks evil. I had chills watching him. I'm not sure which film is best. I have not seen Ratatouille yet and I know that is supposed to be stellar, I also like the premise so I'm quite interested. I have not seen American Gangster either...but overall, thus far, I have found this year to be rather weak, save for No Country for Old Men.

Dec 3, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #70 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you not like the unconventionality (that the good guys lost) or did you not like the pacing? Some people were ok with the plot but thought that the slow pace of the ending was anticlimactic.

Personally, I loved the ending. I hate Hollywood type endings with a passion; it's fine in a Disney movie (I was pleasantly surprised at how funny "Enchanted" was) but otherwise it seems like the easy way out.

I don't mind a win for the bad guys and I like movies that change up the format but if 80% of the movie has you going and feels like it's building towards something it should deliver. I don't want the big good vs. bad climactic fight but this just felt like the last 15 minutes was disconnected from the rest of the movie. It just didn't flow for me... maybe I'm too mainstream to appreciate the random subtlety of this movies end
frown.gif

Dec 3, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #71 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't mind a win for the bad guys and I like movies that change up the format but if 80% of the movie has you going and feels like it's building towards something it should deliver. I don't want the big good vs. bad climactic fight but this just felt like the last 15 minutes was disconnected from the rest of the movie. It just didn't flow for me... maybe I'm too mainstream to appreciate the random subtlety of this movies end
frown.gif

Even some reviewers who gave it great reviews said that they almost pulled points off for the last few minutes.

I liked it, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back