Best, most durable closed headphones for any type of sound.
Apr 27, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #31 of 38
I voted for the Sony, although the HD25-II would also be a good choice.  When you listen to a wide variety of music, you have two choices.  One is to get several headphones with different sound signatures.  The other is to make compromises and get something pretty neutral.   

Apr 27, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #32 of 38
Also forgot to mention the fostex T50rp for $100 the price/performance ratio on these are amazing. Even more amazing when you do a bit of modding.

Apr 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #34 of 38
The beyers aren't completely closed, they will leak some sound and let some in. They are a great set of phones, highly detailed. I had two pairs, as much as I wanted to like the sound in the end their sound signature was too cold for my tastes. A nice headphone to have in your inventory, especially considering their going rates used and new, but I wouldn't consider them to be a one and only type of headphone.

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #35 of 38
Quote:
The beyers aren't completely closed, they will leak some sound and let some in. They are a great set of phones, highly detailed. I had two pairs, as much as I wanted to like the sound in the end their sound signature was too cold for my tastes. A nice headphone to have in your inventory, especially considering their going rates used and new, but I wouldn't consider them to be a one and only type of headphone.

My coworker says he doesn't hear anything when I was playing my T70 on a good volume. However, it doesn't isolate well so that must also mean it leaks some haha.

Jun 30, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #37 of 38
770 or 25 / amperior. 770 is a bit better. Cleaner sound and the bass is more controlled and goes deeper while its louder down there.

25 is very durable and all parts including the cable is easily replaceable. Amperior sound very slightly better. But they are silver.

The 25s are portable, while the beyers are only semi portable. They are just too big.

Jun 30, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #38 of 38
I don't think the V6's would be a good choice, they're a little bright with a strong sub bass response, but that's just about it. They're not fun headphones IMO and tend to sound thin at times (edgy treble and strong sub bass but no meat in the middle), but if durability is in high regard they'll last 7 nuclear wars and a thanksgiving party. I think amperiors suffice in terms of just about everything you stated. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back