Best monitor/mixing/music headphones for under $150
Sep 12, 2012 at 9:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

mixoman

New Head-Fier
Before anyone says "there are lots of post just like this" i want to say the reason i am asking is because no one comes up with a final answer people are pretty much just listing off headphones. And with my limited knowledge of such things its hard for me to make a decision because i dont know what is better.  Now with that said lets continue!

1. Im looking for a pair of headphones for under $150 for monitoring at live events (church events) and mixing my own music that i record! along with listening to music.
  2. I would like these headphones to be well suited for all of these tasks.
  3. I would also like them to be comfortable so i can wear them for hours on end without pain!
  4. I would like them to fit completely over my ears,
  5. Have a well ballenced audio but with some nice clear bass.

I have bean thinking about the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 but i wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else that was better than them and in the same price range. I am willing to buy items off amazon, ebay etccc 

Thanks 

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:
So you wouldnt recommend the audio-Technica ATH-M50? 

I wouldn't. Not for mixing. Go with the Shures or the HM5s.

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #8 of 11
HM-5 is supposed to sound pretty close to a closed hd600 FWIR. There's also the sony v900hd which is supposed to be very 'flat'. I have the non HD version which I like a lot other than over the top bass. If you can go a bit higher budget wise, the Beyer dt250 may be as good, or better, than the HM-5. Never heard the Brainwavz, but I did have the Beyer....very nice for a closed phone....and very balanced.

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #9 of 11
hmmm...i would gun for the shure440...or akg271mk2...these are clean clear neutral sounding cans at a great price..imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back