Best looking tube amp
Dec 4, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #1,486 of 1,828
Yes, I have.  We had it playing into a pair of Beauhorn Virtuosos, some Avantgarde Horns among others, and then I did play with it quite a bit with cans (which was a minority endeavor at the time).  I've been fortunate to hear quite a bit of Kondo's top gear in the past few decades.  It was not designed as a head amp, so I won't diminish it at all by saying, it would not be my first choice for that role, given the cost of entry.  There are circuits and tube implementations that are better suited.  Especially some of the Eimac tubes, a couple of the EMLs are amazing.  The newish Elrog tubes are really worth a listen especially as they expand beyond the 211 and the 300b which are their current mainstays.  Still Kondo is a sound, and hearing an all Kondo system is a thing to be cherished.  it really is a house sound...the more I've heard them mixed with other amplification and cables the more their magic is diminished.  More than any other gear, having them with their cables should be law, and if I were to have Kondo, it would be all amplification and cables.  They make a pretty great turntable too, which didn't get the attention it should, due to the amps being front and center.

Jan 15, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #1,490 of 1,828
  the most beautiful in my heart is not  like the most beautiful here.....though....
atsmile.gif

We must learn to love what we own....

the official name is: Ember +7193 tubes

the nickname is : FrankenEmber

I totally agree with you about the Franken part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back