Best looking CD Player: Redbook, SACD or DVD-A?
Jan 28, 2004 at 9:49 PM Post #76 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by theaudiohobby
[BThat is the Metronome Kallista CD Transport. it is visually stunning[/B]

Im still stunned!!!

KALISTA.jpg

calista_rear.jpg

kalista%20front%20780x570.jpg

kalista%20back%20780x570.jpg

Jan 29, 2004 at 12:35 PM Post #79 of 110
p_KPS25sc_lg_F.jpg

I'm getting this baby when I have the money...... (I wish
rolleyes.gif
) Go Team Krell !

Feb 2, 2004 at 11:11 PM Post #85 of 110
The BAT's sound wonderful!

Feb 2, 2004 at 11:43 PM Post #86 of 110
When I posted pics of my BAT (inside and out) I got a "The music systems of adolescent fantasy, not of mature love" thread notice.

Zanth and Kartik, please don't take my comment personally...no animals or cd players were hurt in the posting of the thread.

The BAT blows me away, musically, but even though it is a black box, it is a beuatiful black box. When I wake up in the a.m. the first thing I see is my BAT, and then look over at my wife (cause she gives me something a CDP can't), and I'm not talking oil filled torroidal laalapaloosa.

Feb 3, 2004 at 12:13 AM Post #87 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by immtbiker
the first thing I see is my BAT, and then look over at my wife

Just to keep things balanced in the future, can either be upgraded? J.K. I hope you many happy years with both.
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2004 at 2:43 AM Post #88 of 110
The BAT is already upgraded to the 24 bit VK-D5SE, and in order to upgrade the wife, one would need space age plastics and highly toxic injection molding, both of which, would require a long burn-in program. 50 hours of artificial burn-in in the closet seems inhumane, and of course without the proper cabling, the possibility of two power supplies not meeting the same tolerance, could be awkward when using as a portable.

Feb 3, 2004 at 4:35 AM Post #89 of 110
A Portable wife?!!?!!
Aren't we getting a little ambitious here?
OTOH wives are as temperamental as any great hifi setup. A feature known as "character". Can't live with them, can't live without them!
My wife looks like a Jadis to me!
She's small, but Definitely not a portable.

Feb 3, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #90 of 110
BTW immtbiker,
Heard from Larry, that you kept the Blackgolds, what's your impression of these after burn-in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back