Best looking CD Player: Redbook, SACD or DVD-A?
Jan 25, 2004 at 5:18 AM Post #46 of 110
Quote:

I reiterate ZAnth's point about black boxes and the BAT. Think art, art nouveau!

Beauty is only skin deep. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Just think - "Dumb Blonde"!

To me, the art of the engineering inside, can outweigh the bells and whistles of the outside. When I opened the cover of the BAT, I got chills.
Of course, external aestetics is a nice conversation piece, but the inners need to equal the outers (although, I am not saying that all the art nouveau units shown aren't equally engineered as the Cary's, Wadia's, and Shanlings's).

Jan 25, 2004 at 6:12 AM Post #47 of 110
How many SI or pirelli calenders have you seen with women other than "dumb booby blonde" stereotype. This thread was trying to create a pirelli calender of music systems. The music systems of adolescent fantasy, not of mature love.

Jan 25, 2004 at 3:39 PM Post #50 of 110
My favorite two players.

lg_mooneclipse_le.jpg

shanling_cdt100_angle.jpg

Jan 25, 2004 at 10:50 PM Post #52 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by HanssoN
Classé looks good to me;

Fairly elegant. But I wonder if it wouldn't have looked better with the drive, display plus power and load buttons on centre height like the stop, play and pause buttons. In addition, I'd find the power button left of the drive and the load button right of the drive better... Oh, well, just knitpicking...
wink.gif

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Jan 26, 2004 at 3:08 AM Post #53 of 110
Whatever ones says about the Classe's looks...the sound is to die for. I would take a Classe over a Linn Sondek ANY day.

Jan 26, 2004 at 3:15 AM Post #54 of 110
Whoah! I knew these classe's were a "class- act" but I didn't realise they were that good. My brother had raved about these for the longest time, he was really upset when I refused to buy a Classe` CDP for $700. Nowadays I kick myself about this.

Jan 26, 2004 at 4:57 AM Post #55 of 110
I A/B'd a Classe Omega vs. a Sondek for a few hours on Martin Logal Prodigy's. Classe was just so much better its hard to describe. If money were no object for me...I would buy myself a Classe.

Jan 26, 2004 at 1:12 PM Post #56 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by Zanth
I A/B'd a Classe Omega vs. a Sondek for a few hours on Martin Logal Prodigy's. Classe was just so much better its hard to describe. If money were no object for me...I would buy myself a Classe.

Isn't the SondeK a TT and the Classe a CDP.

Jan 26, 2004 at 1:45 PM Post #60 of 110
Theaudiohobby,
when are you going to receive the transformers. I'm all agog in expectation waiting for your comments. I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment but still agog it is. One thing the sharp amp is REALLY picky about the speakers and really likes efficient drivers, so try a couple before you begin buring in. I specifically chose my speakers for their 93db efficiency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back