Best looking CD Player: Redbook, SACD or DVD-A?
Jan 5, 2004 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 110

kartik

Headphoneus Supremus
Suggestions for the nicest looking CD players

1. Shanling SACD T-200
2. Sharp DX-SX1
3. Sony SCD-1

Please add...

Jan 6, 2004 at 1:55 AM Post #5 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by Brad Harper
Jadis JD1

What the f......! (And the jaw hits the floor!)

Jan 6, 2004 at 4:26 AM Post #7 of 110
While most high-end gear does look good, I'd have to say that most of us are biased based on the player that sounds the way we want.

For me: Arcam FMJ DV27A
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2004 at 4:41 AM Post #8 of 110
I prefer the look of the CD T-100 to the T-200 as well, and its not cause I am biased! There is a new CD T-100 coming and the colour scheme is different and it does not have metal rings, but those acrylic ones, which I do not like (same as T-200). You can all see it here

I'm not certain if I prefer this colour scheme to my own...this one is a bit darker, a bit less flashy, but its not as regal as the original in my opinion.

I do like that Jadis, and I think the Oracle was really something a few years ago. i enjoy the simplicity of the Cary's or the Wadia's but nothing beats the warm orange glow of tubes late at night. I love my Shanling.
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2004 at 6:36 AM Post #10 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by Punslayer
the picture of that new shanling is really wierd, it looks for all the world like it's in black and white; except fot the blue and orange lights.

i sure do think that the PiTracer is a beauty tho'

The pi traceer is kinda stark, don't you think. I really like the flowing grace and baroque features of the Jadis.

Jan 6, 2004 at 6:41 AM Post #11 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by Jasper994
While most high-end gear does look good, I'd have to say that most of us are biased based on the player that sounds the way we want.

For me: Arcam FMJ DV27A
biggrin.gif

True enough! However, this thread was about visually stunning digital sources not necessarily the most audibly stunning one. I do give the FMJ its due with respect to sound, but Kellogg's makes nicer looking boxes.

Here's a picture of my DSD marvel.

http://www.sharpusa.com/products/Mod...8,667,00.html#

Jan 6, 2004 at 6:58 AM Post #13 of 110
Having almost gone for the 47 Labs Shigaraki myself, I see exactly ehat you mean!

Jan 6, 2004 at 7:06 AM Post #14 of 110
oh, i should mention that i also am very drawn to things that are small. The computer that i'm typing this on weighs in at less than two pounds and will actually fit inside a five and a half inch drive bay. And you don't get much smaller than the 47 labs gear. When i get back to Japan, i'm definitely going to try to audition some of their stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back